If Tylan isn't working which antibiotic would you recommend?

goose chick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 4, 2012
Stark County, OH
Hello.. I have a couple of chickens that are having respiratory issues. I have decided to treat I am aware that this may come back & is not a cure by any means. I have given the Tylan 50 injectable orally for 5 days 1/2ml for salmon favorelle & 1/4ml for silkie it has not cleared up. Symptoms of silkie are sneezing, gurgling, weird coughing like sounds almost like a dogs squeaky toy. She did have some discharge from eyes before and a little from nose. Salmon has had all the same symptoms except the squeaky toy noise. They seemed to get a little bit better after the Tylan but not totally. Wanted to try something else but the only things I have access to are duramycin which I thought was pretty weak & sulfadimethoxine or llncomycin-stectinomycin?? Not sure which to use? Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. :)

Hello.. I have a couple of chickens that are having respiratory issues. I have decided to treat I am aware that this may come back & is not a cure by any means. I have given the Tylan 50 injectable orally for 5 days 1/2ml for salmon favorelle & 1/4ml for silkie it has not cleared up. Symptoms of silkie are sneezing, gurgling, weird coughing like sounds almost like a dogs squeaky toy. She did have some discharge from eyes before and a little from nose. Salmon has had all the same symptoms except the squeaky toy noise. They seemed to get a little bit better after the Tylan but not totally. Wanted to try something else but the only things I have access to are duramycin which I thought was pretty weak & sulfadimethoxine or llncomycin-stectinomycin?? Not sure which to use? Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. :)
Baytril would be your best bet. It has a 5 day withdrawal period.
http://www.allbirdproducts.com/newproductpages/baytril.html

I don't know if I have time to order that she can barely breath do you think I should chance it instead of giving one of the other meds locally? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom