"If we don't bomb Syria our economy will collapse"

Well Dennis, the dollar is collapsing as we speak. It loses value every time a new bill is printed, and they are printing a whole lot of them now days. Governments cannot print gold, but they can confiscate it. You are correct, you cannot eat gold, but you may be able to buy food stuffs with it. Put your wealth into gold or silver, and it will probably get you killed. Put it into food stuffs, and you will probably see the same result.

The IRS has already picked me clean. I probably will be one of those hungry creatures ripping off peoples' year supply of food. Sorry about that.
So how many new bills have been printed ?
The M-1 money supply is the only one that can cause inflation, as it's the money that is actually in peoples hands and accounts.
The M-1 supply has not increased as much as the talk would have you believe.

I can eat things killed with copper an lead. I can also eat things traded for with copper & lead, silver an gold.

Again, name one time in history where gold had no trading value.
Name one time in history when a bag of wheat had no trading value, or any other commodity.

But as I said gold and silver would be one of the last things I would trade for.

If you want something to worry about, I can give you a list of possible and probable disasters. Some are more likely than others.

1. The economy can collapse
2. Our government can collapse
3. WWIII can break out
4. We can get a really big earthquake in California
5. Mt Ranier and/or Mt Hood can erupt
6. Yellowstone can blow up
7. There can be a world wide plague of some sort like the flu of 1918
8. The nuclear waste dump in the state of Washington can develop a big leak
9. We can get hit by an asteroid or comet
10. Major hurricane, tornado, flood, wildfire, tsunami depending on where you are

There is no lack of things to keep you awake at night if you let them. The best course of action is to just do the best you can with what you have and take it one day at a time.

Wheat might have a trade value in the city. Here where everyone grows food still? Not so much. Enough to be worth having a supply for you? Yes. Enough to have a supply as a trade stock? No.
So you're saying through the whole state of Georgia food would have no trade value.
I think you can find millions of people in Georgia not growing food.

No, I said it has no real value here. Oh I can find people dumb enough to not know grain just appears when you stop mowing. 30 miles to the city though. What could happen that would make the city so desperate for wheat that it would be worth the trip but I could still buy fuel to make the trip with?

No, I said it has no real value here. Oh I can find people dumb enough to not know grain just appears when you stop mowing. 30 miles to the city though. What could happen that would make the city so desperate for wheat that it would be worth the trip but I could still buy fuel to make the trip with?
When the food stops getting to the city, all the lanes on those highways will be out going. You'll have a half a million people coming out of Atlanta looking for something to eat.

We may get a few Daniel Boone wan-a-bees that think they will come up here in the mountains an learn to hunt but I don't expect much migration this way. To much farmland around an especially to the south of both Atlanta an Birmingham to be worth trying to work there way up here in to the mountains, My bet is that both city's migrate south in search of water. May get a few from Chattanooga but most will take the big road south of us or take the river around us to the north.

Back
Top Bottom