If you are an EMT, love an EMT, or know an EMT...

No it isn't, but I want to take a minute to thank all of our BYC'ers in the service industry. Law enforcement, firefighters, EMT's, etc. Thank you for keeping us safe
hugs.gif

I dont know.... That makes it out worse than it is. It can be pretty bad an I have been called all kinds of things over the years but Ive also walked in to houses with people laying dead an walked out with them talking to me. If that only happened once in my 13 years it would have been worth it. It happened about twice a year. An there are all kind of other small things that happen all the time to help make it worth it.

Quote:
MA's pay 15 grand to go to school and wind up making 9-10 an hour. It is a racket!!! Those schools are a rip off.

ETA: I read the post in the wrong context.

Last edited:
Quote:
MA's pay 15 grand to go to school and wind up making 9-10 an hour. It is a racket!!! Those schools are a rip off.

I totally agree Debi, but I think most schools are a rip. But then, that's an entirely different thread
wink.png

Weren't you a MA at one time?
hugs.gif

Quote:
True, I have seen my share of code saves even in my short time in the ER. But the compensation is not near what it should be (and I think it's that way for LEO's and Firefighters also, at least around here)

Quote:

I totally agree Debi, but I think most schools are a rip. But then, that's an entirely different thread
wink.png

Weren't you a MA at one time?
hugs.gif

NOOOO I worked for a medical group. Nuff said.

It will never pay good. They are jobs you get in to to help people. The people writing the paychecks know that makes it hard to walk away from so they don't have to pay ya anything. Most dont quit by choice, something forces them out. In all honesty though, in Georgia anyway, Cops, Firemen an EMTs dont have to pay a lot for training. All the medical stuff is usually under $500 an training to be a cop or a firemen is usually free.

National registry first responder class cost me $60 I think. Sent people to get there EMTb an that cost $200 each. The FD an SO stuff was payed for completely by the state.

Back
Top Bottom