1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you are considering turkens, just some FYI

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gritsar, Dec 4, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I don't know if this hold true for all turkens. Mine are hatchery birds.

I just wanted to mention that one out of my three turken pullets is laying now. They are 25 weeks old.

Her eggs are amazing! Nearly *large* in size already and the most beautiful pinkish tan color. She's only been laying for about a week.

I've been getting backyard eggs for a couple of years now, but I am certain Ivy's eggs are the prettiest ones I've seen.

Just a little FYI [​IMG]

2. Lurken Turken

Lurken Turken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Acampo
    Mine should start laying soon and I am so excited to try the eggs. And they are the cutest birds ever. I just love mine![​IMG]

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I do not currently have any Turkens, but have had them in the past. They can and do lay a pinkish egg. It really is a very light brown butdoes have that pinkinsh tint.

4. kens147

kens147 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2009
    ohio
    i love my turken she lays double yolks all the time. and she a great conversation piece

20 hens 1 rooster 2 dogs 4 cats and a great wife

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by