If you are up and online on Thanksgiving Morning

I just retrieved a FRESH EGG (#2 so far) from the hen house and will fix it for my mom when my dad brings her over from her rehab facility.

From then on, I'll be in the "yes dear" mode. Whatever my wife tells me to do as she prepares for our 13 guests, "Yes dear!"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I am online trying to figure out what's wrong with my oven. I did a self-cleaning cycle on it a few days ago and now the temperature control pad is messed up. It won't go above 350 degrees. Which is okay for the turkey, but not for biscuits and stuff. I had to carry my pies and cornbread over to my brother-in-law's house next door and use his oven last night.
Heavy Sigh.....

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Oh yes, been up since the crack, all animals are fed and turned out, turkey is in oven. Supposed to be 65 degrees here today, to warm for Thanksgiving! But on the other hand saving on the wood & oil bill.
Just my daughter and I will be having a nice quiet peaceful dinner. Just the way we like it. We will go out before we eat and spend some time with the horses who will have some treats too.
Wishing everyone the best.

( I am going to go look for that picture of the 49lb turkey!!!)

I've been up since 4 a.m. Had the morning milking and chores to do alone as the husband went hunting. I made a homegrown turkey and the works Tuesday night and today my daughters and I will go to my folks for Thanksgiving Day. Mom insists on doing all the cooking and we are not to bring anything this year. DH will be out in the woods hunting with his brother.

Happy Thanksgiving, All! We were up most of the night with crashing thunderstorms with a shaking, frightened 70 lb dog in between us, thinking we would have a power outage and have to fire up the generator for the babies in the nursery coop, the babies in the bsmt brooder, the eggs in the Hova and the eggs on Day19 in the hatcher. Good thing I cooked a turkey for us two days ago. We're just doing turkey sandwiches, the two of us. Hey, at least I'm eating sweet potato chips with it, LOL! Have a great holiday, everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving! Everything is set and ready to go, my turkeys are boned and stuffed, so it will be a breeze and the gravy is in the crock pot, made from the bones of course! I'm having 20 people and love cooking for a crowd...heading for my second cup of coffee! I hope you all have a wonderful and stress free day....

Good Morning all...I've been up since 4:30 a.m. , don't ask me why, seems my internal alarm clock went off!!!...So, let the dogs out earlier than usual, they were like "what's up?"..chickens are fed and out in their runs.... I have my homemade rolls in the oven, sweet potatoes are done and ready to be candied... I am traveling to our cabin for Thanksgiving, we do this every year for the past 25 years!!...It's deer season here and hubby and all his buddies have been there all week, so today is prepared by all of them...I do have to bring the rolls and candied sweet potatoes this year....wild turkey and all the rest of the trimmings will be made by the boys!!...I'm setting here now with my 3rd cup of coffee and will be off to traveling around noon...takes an hour to get wayyy out in the country.... Everyone have a wonder Thanksgiving...

Last edited:
The turkey breast is in the oven....this year for the first time in 34 years it'll just be the hubby and me....our kids are coming on Sunday for our family get together. Been sitting by the wood stove drinking my morning pepsi to warm up after doing my bird chores.

I'm not cooking!!

I usually like to make a big feast, but my son has a football game this morning, and we decided we are going out to a nice country inn for thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws.

We've done this once or twice in the past and it is surprising social and festive and best of all, relaxing.

(Tomorrow I'll cook a turkey breast so we can pretend we have leftovers - it's not thanksgiving weekend without leftovers).

Well, I've been up since around 6am or a little before. Got the sweet potato pies in the oven. Did the pumpkin pies and fudge last night. Everything else is prepped and in the fridge. Waiting for the pies to get done so I can put the 25 lb. turkey in the oven. We're also having a smoked turkey. Chickens are out and fed, dogs are in the process of going out and everyone else in the house are still asleep. Been working like crazy the last few days. Hubby got an 8 point deer that weighed 200 lbs. field dressed, so we've been butchering the last 3 days. We're having at least 17 people over today. From our family to yours, have a blessed and joyous Thanksgiving!

Back
Top Bottom