If you could buy any small incubator which one?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by walkswithdog, Aug 22, 2008.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Which one would you buy and why? I'm tempted by incubators, despite the terror involved. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and build one first, but I'd like to know more about who uses what and why? Thanks. You chickenaholics are killing me, I'm more tempted by things I'd never dreamed of wanting after spending wayyyyy too much time here.

2. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    HELP I didn't post this 3 times!!!!!

3. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Hey you got plenty of people here in it with you! [​IMG] I always wanted chickens and finally got some chicks at Rural King in March...I've been infatuated with them ever since and can't stay off BYC !!!!
    [​IMG]
    Hi...my name is Rebecca...bok, bok, and I'm a chicken addict!
    [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

4. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    i realy like the Turbo Fan Incubator with Automatic Turner..it runs around $124 but wife is going to get me the litte giant with the egg turner for xmas.. have to start somewheres

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Genesis hova-bator 1588. Get a turner too...it's worth the extra money to me.

6. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Any small incubator regardless of price would be hands down a Lyon TX-6 or 7. The price is a lot higher than the foam ones but so much more worth it IMO.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    My vote is also for hovabator 1588! LOVE mine! Yes, do get a turner..much easier

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by