If you could have ANY kind of livestock....

mmmmm
i think if i had a barn and the hubby said yes then i think some sheep
droolin.gif

Quote:
LOL, Most people are too large aka heavy to ride reindeer! Much better to hook them up to a sleigh of some sort. If you look on MySpace or Facebook, can't remember which, you'll find Velvet Eyes but I don't think Mr Moses has his own page, our two resident "city-fied" reindeer while the rest roam as nature intended;)

Besides all our chickens.....
We would have two jersey cows, with alternating lactations, so we would not have to buy our raw grassfed milk and cream.
3 pigs, pastured of course, the way they were intended.
A flock of pastured turkeys.
The barn would be big enough to house everyone under one roof of course
wink.png

And last but not least, in my ideal world, we would live off, off grid, have 50 acres, a buggy horse and a draft team to plow the gardens.
Any and all livestock the we do and will own, must have a true purpose in their existance. Providing food one way or another.

Last edited:
A large Island with Miniature Holstein/Miniature Scottish Highland/Ayrshire crossed cattle
Soay sheep
San Clemente goats
Kune Kune pigs
certain breeds of bantam chickens

I would live on just an acre - garden, fruit bushes, and a small orchard.

I wouldn't mind if it was a four season Island, either!
cool.png

I kind of figure I can have any livestock I want. I already have a horse, mule, goats, cattle, chickens, ducks, rabbits, and am actually planning to downsize this spring. I guess I would like to have a dairy cow, jersey preferably (I called on a heifer yesterday, but someone had just taken her), there are some other cattle breeds I wouldn't mind owning (I saw some highland calves the other day I would have loved to load up and take home w/ me). And I have also thought it would be fun to own a reindeer, a camel, and maybe a zebra, but not sure any of them would qualify as livestock.

Back
Top Bottom