If you could import...

Poulet du Bresse, hands down. I would love to bypass Greenfire, which as far as I know is the only place selling them, and they're going for a mint (which I think is totally reasonable, but still).

Poulet du Bresse, hands down. I would love to bypass Greenfire, which as far as I know is the only place selling them, and they're going for a mint (which I think is totally reasonable, but still).
Considering what GF has to go through to bring them here, their prices are reasonable, but out of the reach of most of us.

I noted the reasonableness of the price in my post, but I don't know where their stock is coming from, how it's being handled, or bred. Given the option, I'd love to import directly.

I would really like to find some Croad Langshan, which I don't think can be found anywhere in the US and are different from our American Langshan...

I think the process of importation is difficult enough, but even before that, how do you choose which bloodline/breeder to buy from in the first place? I think making the right choice about where to get whatever you're importing for me, would be the trickiest part, unless I were to spend a lot of time traveling and networking beforehand, which would be really difficult.

I noted the reasonableness of the price in my post, but I don't know where their stock is coming from, how it's being handled, or bred. Given the option, I'd love to import directly.
I would too...I've purchased chicks from GFF, and while I feel they are super nice people, trying to find out any info about the bloodlines of the chicks I purchased was like pulling teeth. Can you imagine going through the trouble of importing a bloodline only to find out its exactly the same one they already have?

I have been lurking, and heard rumors of a chicken that lays a dark purple egg, don't remember the funky sounding name, but would love to have some!

I have been lurking, and heard rumors of a chicken that lays a dark purple egg, don't remember the funky sounding name, but would love to have some!
I have heard that the Croad Langshan lays a plum colored egg, might be what you are thinking of?

Back
Top Bottom