If you cross buff to white.....

We call ig 'cream' in UK, but inhibitor of gold makes more sense.....looking at the symbol.

Have you ever used it? I found it in some of my brown leghorns some years ago.....thought I was making silver duckwing & wondered why it wouldn't work
th.gif
So I made cream browns instead
big_smile.png

Have you ever come across Cb?

I honestly don't know how the colours differ between these dilutes. I think the name of the colour produced by ig is usually called cream, regardless of which side of the Atlantic one is on, but I do believe the name of the gene refers to inhibiting gold.

As to what's in my flock? Well, I know there is lavender, and since I have buffs in several breeds, some form of dilution in present; I've always more or less assumed Di, but really don;t know for sure.

Cream brown sounds really pretty
smile.png

Of lav, Di, Cb, ig .....I've only done anything with lav & ig

I've never tried to segregate Di ...though it seems it's in lots of things.....never had cause.
I am curious about Cb, I've heard people talk of it, but have never , afaik, experienced it. Please, anyone with experience of this I'd like to learn more

I was the genetics director of a high end, rare bred poultry farm back in UK thus it was my job to make unusual birds......the cream brown leghorn started with a pullet I got from a friend thinking it was silver
th.gif
Of course when I crossed it with one of our brown leghorns (e+) the ig promptly vanished...
ep.gif
. ig seems to be a bit variable & sometimes shows as a cream colour & other times as pale as silver.

And we all know how lav affects things.

Good to share experiences & we can all learn
smile.png

thanks guys for the input...thats what weve been calling it "cream" and thats what i was told it was when i bought it, but i didnt know it was considered a color? and i thought like mentioned before, its not like mixing paint ... ie: a white to buff shouldnt produce a cream? either one or the other i thought or something else that may be hidden in their genes...idk....i was just curious, but i dont really care, i wont be breeding them, just using them as broodies
cool.png

Hey.
smile.png
I really had no idea what color to call it when I sold that chick to you, but I know it was my white roo over one of my buff hens. Genes can be difficult at times.

Back
Top Bottom