if you get offended by the truth then don't ask lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that there are a lot of 12 year olds and under on this site. They bring a lot of drama sometimes. Someone asked about home school once, and I swear that I could hear the tears over my computer... they did not like my answer.
tongue.gif
Personally, I find that a bit offensive, but I can see where you are coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.png
That's what every generation says about all the younger generations. Clothing styles change, language evolves. The biggest difference these days is that now the Internet makes it all more visible, in all its glory and ridiculousness.
lol they stay on the computer or video games i think they need to get out more like the good ol' days....yea clothing gets skimpyer and i see way more cusing around my area

lol they stay on the computer or video games i think they need to get out more like the good ol' days....yea clothing gets skimpyer and i see way more cusing around my area
But at the same time people just keep becoming more accepting of people who are different from them, so I'd say it all evens out.
Gay marriage was legalized in what, four US states this year? I don't know if many people will agree, but that gives me hope for the future. :)

But at the same time people just keep becoming more accepting of people who are different from them, so I'd say it all evens out.
Gay marriage was legalized in what, four US states this year? I don't know if many people will agree, but that gives me hope for the future.
smile.png
I agree, every generation has it's improvements and its problems.

A good portion of the posters on this thread are on the same page as me. If you ask for an HONEST opinion and get it from someone don't be offended, you asked for it. For one thing you have to know the company you are in, that goes for any situation. While an answer someone gives may be that you find offensive or hurtful, others that know that person find it direct and to the point. I often find myself in that precarious situation, when asked a direct question on what I think, I give the wholesale answer not a fluffed and buffed answer. I often tell people my best quality and worst are one in the same, honesty. Never mean to be hurtful but there are times with persons that I am close with where an answer is playful and they know me and take it as such. We as a society have become to thin skinned, to PC to a lot of everything but those are a different thread. Sorry if I have offended anyone.(not really)
I think that we need to tailor our answers to the people we are answering. I stick by my statement that there is a huge difference between being honest and to the point, and being crass, rude and cruel.

is it just me or is each generation getting more and more disrespectfull and acting out worse than before? ex cussing and dressing with their butts hanging out
sickbyc.gif
(im in my 20's and find this to be outragious i would have gotten my butt beating if i did half of what the younger ones are doing now)....it's like no one has ever told them the truth before...
No, being in the 20's myself, I have to say you're just getting older and noticing these behaviors more from a different point of view. The view of an adult. I remember clearly how fowl mouthed, drug using, crazy a lot of kids were as a teenager. Luckily I stayed out of trouble by the time I was in my mid to late teens. I do remember lots of hang wringing by adults in the late nineties (my high school days) of how disrespectful and out of touch kids are. We are the first strong internet based generation ourselves and the same sort of complaints were made about us.

No, being in the 20's myself, I have to say you're just getting older and noticing these behaviors more from a different point of view. The view of an adult. I remember clearly how fowl mouthed, drug using, crazy a lot of kids were as a teenager. Luckily I stayed out of trouble by the time I was in my mid to late teens. I do remember lots of hang wringing by adults in the late nineties (my high school days) of how disrespectful and out of touch kids are. We are the first strong internet based generation ourselves and the same sort of complaints were made about us.
i play on xbox live and to hear how these kids talk on there just shocks me. back in 2005 when i first started playing online there wasn't near as much cussing as there is now.

i play on xbox live and to hear how these kids talk on there just shocks me. back in 2005 when i first started playing online there wasn't near as much cussing as there is now.
Back in 2005, not everyone had a computer suitable for gaming. :lol: Until two or three years ago, the only computer I could use was a very slow, but shamelessly reliable old workhorse of a machine.
Of course, I still don't play any game that involves talking to people. The internet's anonymity usually brings out even really nice peoples' bad sides.

you don't have to talk on the games i play on the xbox but it does help at time. i used to play WoW kinda miss it to lol. gaming back then was so much more simpler to lol and it was mainly adults then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom