If you had 20 acres....

BarredBuff

Songster
10 Years
Dec 6, 2009
If you had 20 acres and you wanted a dairy source. What would you choose a dairy goat or dairy cow?

babyblue

Songster
10 Years
Sep 23, 2009
that would depend on my time involvement, money issues and amount of milk that is actually needed for my family. a cow needs more food, a larger area, stronger fences, and if something goes wrong and the animal dies its a much larger financial loss then a goat. not saying that I want something bad to happen to anybody’s animals. its just the truth, the bigger the animal the bigger the possible problems and expenses.

jspdesign

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
I prefer cows but being a "one woman show" sometimes, I believe I would be more physically capable of dealing with goats. Not saying that I would always be strong enough for a tough goat either, but, given the size difference, I stand a better chance with a goat.

Jamie

aprophet

Songster
10 Years
Jan 12, 2010
chesapeake Va.
I grew up with goats I miss them I was just as close to them as my dogs I had cousins that could not drink cows milk they kept goats too with barely any experience with cows just helped out at a small farm goats just seem so much easier.

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
Get a miniature cow! Only like a gallon of milk per day!!
big_smile.png

I want to get a mini Jersey or a mini Brown Swiss.

Rin

Songster
10 Years
Oct 22, 2009
Moonglade (EU)
I'd get a goat for sure
smile.png
<3 I find them easier to take care of. Only on two acres now and just want one lil nig dwarfie girl <3

Top Bottom