Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SISTER

• BROTHER

• OTHER:

• Total voters
well now that we have established that I am bad at spelling my words.

That you are defending stacykins.

and that you can "reframe" a previous statement that I assumed was clear.

And that the Webster's dictionary tells us that" animal husbandry" is a reference to the breeding and raising of animals, not the herd dynamics of caprine.

a bottle raised kid often suffers seperation anxiety when returned to the barn with the rest of the goats because the bond so well with the human care taker.

And also, it was exactly spell check provided by my phone that replaces Boer,with boar.ths

Listen, I'm not trying to be rude, but raising and caring for animals most definitely includes understanding herd dynamics.
I have never had a kid that I brought in the house to bottle feed suffer separation anxiety from being put back outside with goats.

The reason I bring up the spelling errors? You are trying to seem competent regarding goats. Unfortunately I can't hear you speak out loud over the Internet. Therefore, when folks can't take the time to make their posts at least somewhat correct, it makes you question their competency in the chosen subject.
I'm not sure why the two of you are having a disagreement but a little back round on Trexroo...He has probly had his hands on and raised more goats then you've seen in your life, he was raised on a farm with several 100 in Iowa and then stayed around and worked on the farm and now we have our own herd. So it isn't that he is not credible it is that he uses his phone and the stupid thing changes the words even after you correct them.

So all that aside, the extent of the bond of the bottle baby goat I'm sure has alto to do with how long your keep them in your home and how often they are taken back to the herd. IF you have a goat in the house for a day or two to bottle them until they are stronger no they will probly be perfectly fine when returned to the herd. If you have to have them in the house for 4-6 weeks because it is -15+ outside(as we had too) the kids definitely get upset when we take them back to the goats and stay by us the human herd members. Normally is it a good idea to have kids that early without a warm barn...nooooo.....but we bought a bunch of our goats bred and the people didn't bother to keep the buck separate.

Instead of tearing each other down, you might have a logical discussion on the pros and cons of bottle feeding long term separated kids? Is it better to have them separate on their own...or with several kids....I'm sure that depends on your situation. If you only have one kid there is not a lot of choice there, if your options are take them in the house and bottle feed or leave them out to freeze to death I'm pretty sure the kid will get along just fine with only a human to bond with. Goats bond very well with humans, hence why people have house goats. We have one of our bucks who would rather come live in the house then with the herd because he bonded to his previous human owner. Billy was 7 months old when we got him and had been living apart from goats for at least 6 months if not longer, 5 months later and he still wants to be with humans even though he has been with goats that entire time. When we first brought him home to meet his goats buddies he was very upset and wanted to be with the people, he wanted nothing to do with the goats. In short..after the novel...it all depends on the situation as to whether it is best for the animal to be raised whatever way.

EDIT: To clarify that's several 100 on a revolving basis.

Last edited:
I'm not having a disagreement.
Obviously, we aren't going to have a discussion. Rather than "have a disagreement" on a public forum, I will just quit following this thread.

I'm not having a disagreement.
Obviously, we aren't going to have a discussion. Rather than "have a disagreement" on a public forum, I will just quit following this thread.
When your rather rude and start pointing out peoples typos to pick them apart, its not really a discussion any longer. Have a good day.

I hope it's not dead but I hope the troublemaker has left....geeeese...some people really spoil it for everyone. Please let the goat info continue. I want to get a few Nigerians in a couple months...working on fencing and a house now waiting till I am ready...can't wait. :p

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom