If you ordered 3-4 chicks express, did they all live?

Indigosands

Songster
11 Years
Apr 9, 2012
Yucca Valley, CA
I ordered 3 wyandottes from Myer due to arrive in late August but now I'm second guessing whether I should have put more in the box. Do they put packing peanuts in for such a small order? If you've ordered this small before did everyone survive?

That's what I'm hoping regarding the heat, just getting a little concerned the more I sit and think that 3 won't survive all the jostling around. Personal experiences? Should I add more?

thanks, I added one more to my order just to be sure everyone had a buddy. Seems like my chicks pair off in twos, anyone else notice this? Hopefully all will go well and I'll have some healthy chicks to add to the crew in aug. :)

I ordered 4 chicks from Myer - they were shipped on Monday and I received them the next day in CA. All are healthy and doing great on day 2. They were packed with a great heat pack in the center of the package. The only issue that came up was the USPS tracking number told me they wouldn't arrive until Wednesday. They ship overnight but it isn't guaranteed, so I was surprised to come home from work yesterday and find a message that the chicks were waiting at the post office one day early.
Good luck with your order!

Back
Top Bottom