If you pen your Muscovy can i see what it looks like?

Yup thats the same one. Yikes, what a price difference.
The hubby and I are deciding tonight if we will try electric fence or just fence and area outside of the pasture. Our house is in the middle of the land and I'd love to just let them roam the area around the house but our landlord's who live about a 1/2 mile away let their dogs roam and their dogs have killed some of their birds
he.gif

I know that the birds wouldn't wander off, its probably 200 yards to the street but I see those stupid dogs coming up the drive at least once a week (that I see).

Yup thats the same one. Yikes, what a price difference.
The hubby and I are deciding tonight if we will try electric fence or just fence and area outside of the pasture. Our house is in the middle of the land and I'd love to just let them roam the area around the house but our landlord's who live about a 1/2 mile away let their dogs roam and their dogs have killed some of their birds
he.gif

I know that the birds wouldn't wander off, its probably 200 yards to the street but I see those stupid dogs coming up the drive at least once a week (that I see).

Yes, it's bad our things cost so much more here. What a pain with the dogs! I am pretty positive mine were killed by a dog now, after researching on foxes none of it sounds right let alone the ability to catch and remove a 1yo Muscovy drake simply to big a kill for a fox.

this is my muscovy area... i got some old 6x6 from my old gradeschool gymasiom when my dad help tore it down do to the new safey regulations. then i have one roll of mesh on the bottom and plastic fencing across the top and netting that you would use for keeping birds off of fruit trees across the top to keep the little ones safe from hawks.. the ornge may be an eye sore but it was a limited budget for me too

this is my muscovy area... i got some old 6x6 from my old gradeschool gymasiom when my dad help tore it down do to the new safey regulations. then i have one roll of mesh on the bottom and plastic fencing across the top and netting that you would use for keeping birds off of fruit trees across the top to keep the little ones safe from hawks.. the ornge may be an eye sore but it was a limited budget for me too
Ducks don't care as long as they have food and water and are safe. I like it!
smile.png

Not bad at all, i appreciate you sharing! I dragged up an old gate that has been in front of the forest for about 20years(large, industrial type) which i will try & use in some way into our fencing..

Last edited:
i know all about that kind of fenceing.. my gramps on my mom side use to own a junk yard (my uncle still works there) so they call wondering if we could use this and that in some way. hope you guys figure something out for your situation.

GQ I just remembered (since I went to pick some up yesterday) depending on what type of fencing you use you can use PVC pipe as posts. I had done this in FL and yesterday I set up a new area for my birds to range. I didn't have enough step in posts and we stopped at Home Depot. 4' metal fence posts were about $4 each. So I went to plumbing and got several 3/4" X 10' section of PVC pipe. I cut it in half and this morning drilled a hole in the ground (we have clay soil) and then pounded in the pipe. They cost $2 each for 10' so $1 per 5' piece.
This won't keep out a cow or anything large but they are sturdy and cheap and will hold up to a large dog. They are in the ground 1' and with the clay, they are anchored well. I may paint them to provide more UV resistance and so they look a little better but for $1, we cares.

I hope your search for fencing is going well.

GQ I just remembered (since I went to pick some up yesterday) depending on what type of fencing you use you can use PVC pipe as posts. I had done this in FL and yesterday I set up a new area for my birds to range. I didn't have enough step in posts and we stopped at Home Depot. 4' metal fence posts were about $4 each. So I went to plumbing and got several 3/4" X 10' section of PVC pipe. I cut it in half and this morning drilled a hole in the ground (we have clay soil) and then pounded in the pipe. They cost $2 each for 10' so $1 per 5' piece.
This won't keep out a cow or anything large but they are sturdy and cheap and will hold up to a large dog. They are in the ground 1' and with the clay, they are anchored well. I may paint them to provide more UV resistance and so they look a little better but for $1, we cares.

I hope your search for fencing is going well.

Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't thought of PVC pipe.. here those lovely metal posts run 7$ a piece? I'd love to see what you have done, the lead i had on fence is gone, they sold it.
barnie.gif

Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't thought of PVC pipe.. here those lovely metal posts run 7$ a piece? I'd love to see what you have done, the lead i had on fence is gone, they sold it.
barnie.gif
I use PVC to mount bluebird house on they last for years. The only one that has ever broke was when the bear came over the fence and must have hit it full force. other than that they are sturdy.

Back
Top Bottom