If you want True Ameraucanas this Spring ...

Absolutely gorgeous! Now I'm really bummed! I've got my last eggs going into the bator on Wednesday...I would've loved to have some lav ameracaunas in there too.
hmm.png
Can't you talk to your girls for me? Give them big hugs
th.gif
and tell them I don't want many...6 would be wonderful. Then I won't have to wait until spring and get them from John.
wink.png
lol

Hey...you can't blame a girl for tryin! lol

As I said before, Harry...such is my luck.
smile.png
But I do understand that they need a break. But you just watch...as soon as I place my order with John, your girls will pop out a bunch of eggs just to spite me!
lau.gif
You take care, Harry. Nice chatting with you!

Jean,
It will be 2 to 3 years before I start showing any birds. I am past the stage of the thrill of winning. This is just a hobby. I will show when I know the Lavenders are ready to be admitted but maybe I miss understand the requirements that is needed. I thought they had to be bred for 5 years ( I am only venturing on my 3rd year) and need 5 people (there were only 3 people that I know of before this year which now there is easily more than 5 breeders of the color of Lavender) at the same show to show a total of ? so many birds but at least one trio of young and one trio of old birds. Please let me know if this is incorrect. Harry

Harry,

I have posed that question to John. I will let you know when I get a response what the exact procedures are.
caf.gif

As soon as I get a decent bird or two, I will be taking them to shows just so they are entered. I have one cockerel now, but he is very small.

Jean,
Thanks for pursuing the information. I can not afford to show my best male and I only have another male but he is gamey looking. I have about 4 Lavender pullets but they need some refinement. The blacks splits are looking to have the greatest potential. My birds may be a little over the weight standard but that is something that can be corrected easier than trying to get greater size on a bird. My males are very clear and show very little flecking and some of the pullets are very clear also but size appears to be varying on them. Once the black splits are old enough to reproduce I should be set with some nice birds hopefully. Harry

You should be able to get a hefty sum if you sell that larger pullets to breeders as most of the large fowl that were sold this year are very small. That size will be something all will be looking for.

Jean,
Hopefully I will have a lot of hatching eggs next year to sell since I am keeping about 12 black/lavender pullets and they are showing a lot of promise. They will be as big or bigger than my pure blacks so the Lavenders should be nice out of them. Remember they say you will loose size if you keep breeding Lavender to Lavender but that could be a myth since I have not had them that long to make such a prediction.
Oh, you should be one of the first on the list if you still want some hatching eggs. I have to do a hatch first in the early spring. Harry

If anybody in New England is looking for true Ameraucanas we will have chicks starting in April.

We will have Black, Blue, Splash, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, Splash Wheaten, and Buff this year.

We are lifetime members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club and lifetime members of the APA. We are also NPIP certified and our birds are tested every year.

Email me for more information.

Back
Top Bottom