If you were a car....

It's not the cars, it's the drivers.
rant.gif
We have alot of people that feel the need to go 25, 35, 40 in a 55, and with our curvy/hilly non passing zone riddled roads, they're down right dangerous! Not to mention the fact that it's just plain rude to hold up traffic like that... people to have to pass them and it ends up wasting alot more gas. And some of these people, even have the nerve to flip you off when you pass them!
th.gif

My Hemi Challenger gets 27 mpg when I can go the speed limits... if I have to constantly pass slow cars (not doing the posted speed limit) then my mileage goes down!

I like that in some states, if you have 3 or more vehicles behind you, law requires that you pull over and let them pass. Wish it were so here, I do it on principle.

Quote:
I like that! If I have to drive slow for some reason, then I will pull over if someone's stuck behind me. We do have a law that you have to have flashers or a slow moving vehicle sign on your vehicle if you are going under the minimum speed limit... but no one inforces it unless you're on a tractor or something. Even the farmers will pull out of the way.

Have to tell you about one guy i got behind. He would go 40 mpg...(my roads are curvy/hilly) so passing lanes are really short. So if you got close to this guy to pass, he'd pull over into the left lane and slam on his breaks, then pull back into his lane and speed up or break again. He would NOT allow you to go by........ I got stuck behind him twice... I even followed him home one day (and find out a month later my Brother bought his house and he moved). I SO badly wanted to run that guy off the road... I mean, drive that SOB right into the ground. I called the cops on him as well but service is so bad that I would lose them. I was almost disappointed that he moved, cause I got a big old beater truck I would have loved to give him a run on his money with. Plus, now I have a phone with video and I would have taped his antics first then given him a taste of his own medicine! LOL!

It's called hyper-mileing.

One of the other forums I belong to have a whole bunch of guys on their competeing to see who can get the highest mpg.

I have a prius and still get my 52mpg going with the traffic and faster. Definetely not the car, unless you want to include Buicks. I cannot count how many times I have passed Buicks sitting in the left lane going 20mph below the speed limit- whilst the speed limit is 45mph.

Quote:
It's still the driver... I have a buick for a winter beater, and it gets good mileage at normal speed, no need to go stupid slow.... I had to put a special sticker (a dog I drew), on the darn car so I could find it in the sea of buicks in the lot! LOL!

If I go a steady 80 on the eway with my challenger I get almost 30 mpg.. thats not only over the est mpg frm the mfg, but darn good considering the type of car I drive.

Quote:
It's still the driver... I have a buick for a winter beater, and it gets good mileage at normal speed, no need to go stupid slow.... I had to put a special sticker (a dog I drew), on the darn car so I could find it in the sea of buicks in the lot! LOL!

If I go a steady 80 on the eway with my challenger I get almost 30 mpg.. thats not only over the est mpg frm the mfg, but darn good considering the type of car I drive.

Wow, you are doing pretty good there
thumbsup.gif
I love ths sticker idea too! I drive my Tundra over the winter since we live on a dirt road that turns into a 2-track for 4 months. After that I use the Prius again.

I don't know about those cars but my wee little prius can do some serious pole position (old time driving video game)manuvers on the highway getting through and past the traffic. I don't like being in a cluster F of cars.Accident waiting to happen.So me I say it is the driver not the car.

Now it if were a totally electric or solar car then I would say car.Hybrids have no excuse as they switch constantly from electric to gas as needed.

Back
Top Bottom