1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you were a chicken what kind would you be??!! :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by allmychickens, Dec 30, 2011.

1. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    [​IMG] If I were a chicken I would be a red cochin because I have red hair. AND because cochins are fluffy [​IMG] and generaly friendly buuuut If you don't treat them right they'll snap!!

What would you be and why?? [​IMG]

2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    [​IMG]
    I would be my ee roo, cause he has great feathering and he's the alpha roo!!!

3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Jersey Giant

My JG, Coco, is such a sweetheart. But she tells you like it is too. And she LOVES to play in the garden. Just like me!

[​IMG]

4. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

I would be a lavender orpington. They are fluffy, sweet, smart, fun, rare ( ok so maybe I'm not uh...rare) There ya go!

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    An Oriental Gamefowl of sorts. ( Shamo hen shown )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're unique, independent, intelligent, and TOUGH. They love heat, they are super foragers, but they won't take no for an answer when it comes to other chickens telling them how it should go.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  6. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    My New Hampshire - Rosemary. She's looks grandmotherly to me - She's not - but she gives that impression.

7. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I would totally be a Frizzle.

8. I would be..... hmm Silkie probably not sure though [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

A Buff Orpington, wishing she were as lavender as those OTHER Orpingtons, but still pretty happy, nonetheless. Fluffy butt, enough rank to roost on the top rung, other hens like to dust bathe with me.

10. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    From what I understand about all of the colorful, fluffy, crazy breeds out there - I'd probably be a white leghorn. Small, simple, sometimes overlooked and a bit dorky, but MAN, you'd be surprised what I'm capable of [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by