If you were on my shoes, what is your next move in chicken crossbreeding?

bikosblackmeat

In the Brooder
Jan 2, 2023
Philippines
My Coop
My Coop
323427090_1212434172963575_2556141576751864617_n.jpg

If you were on my shoes, what is your next move in chicken crossbreeding?

I just want to know if you have the same flock as mine, what will be your next move next breeding season? Comment your ideas, I would love to read your suggestions!

My target traits for the lineage that I am developing are: black meat, black feathers, not a flyer, 2kg above average weight, docile, enhance broodiness, and resistant to the diseases and weather here in the Philippines.

My idea would be breeding my WL x N x AC x CS cockerel to my BA pullet and breeding my AC x CS hen to CS cockerel.

WL x N x AC x CS pullet and CS pullet would just be reserved brooders for the eggs of my BA and AC x CS hens.

I would get a male offspring from my WL x N x AC x CS cockerel and BA pullet, while I will get two female offspring from my AC x CS hen and CS cockerel. The soon to be trio will be the ones that I will keep on line breeding (test crossing the female offspring to their father).

What's yours?

I would skip Leghorns(not broody) and just work with Native chickens crossed with Ayam Cemani, that will give you the best outcome.
The ones that are black and white and doesn't have checks were already sold or culled. So yeah, I have eliminated the White Leghorn, along with the native chicken, chinese silkie hen, and ayam cemani rooster.
The only remaining ones that I have on my coop are those with colored pics and checks.

Back
Top Bottom