If your rooster is de-crowed, can the city still enforce the 'no rooster ordinance'?

Won't matter if the bird has started crowing. If they've started, they're more than likely to continue after caponizing them. Plus they can't caponize if they're still wanting to breed
makes sense. on a side note, I totally misread this post! i thought it said "de-crown" instead of "de-crow"...and was thinking..."how would cutting off a rooster's comb change anything?" i've never heard of de-crowing but nearly everyone i know with chickens only has laying hens. is the de-crowing procedure pretty straight forward?

this next statement is a joke but it makes me laugh thinking about it. what about surgically modifying the comb and waddles, trimming feathers, and removing talons...just to make the rooster look like a hen. there's probably no ordinance against a crowing "hen." ;)

makes sense. on a side note, I totally misread this post! i thought it said "de-crown" instead of "de-crow"...and was thinking..."how would cutting off a rooster's comb change anything?" i've never heard of de-crowing but nearly everyone i know with chickens only has laying hens. is the de-crowing procedure pretty straight forward?

this next statement is a joke but it makes me laugh thinking about it. what about surgically modifying the comb and waddles, trimming feathers, and removing talons...just to make the rooster look like a hen. there's probably no ordinance against a crowing "hen." ;)
I would tell the town that its gender neutral and don’t you dare discriminate! This is 2021, and my chicken identifies as a hen and there’s nothing wrong with that! Damn, sometimes I identify more as a chicken than a human.

There is in most places. It's because of the crow more than the gender. Hence who people usually can still have male ducks.

I'm not sure how straightforward the procedure is, considering it's probably a delicate part of the body. I just know the literal "what's done" part of it

I would tell the town that its gender neutral and don’t you dare discriminate! This is 2021, and my chicken identifies as a hen and there’s nothing wrong with that! Damn, sometimes I identify more as a chicken than a human.
maybe take it a step further and dye the feathers to look like female mallard...put in a kiddy pool...now you'll have a crowing "duck."

another route would be to do a complete sex change on the rooster. ;)

Back
Top Bottom