Ignore

Well my boyfriend is an asshole and told me they quail did that but he really did it. He almost ended up in my freezer so I'm giving him a shot, I'm hiking hell be ok in my garden with his house
Are there rats, raccoons, 'possums, hawks, cats, weasels, ferrets, snakes, or coyote in your area? All of those and more will eat a quail. It might be kinder for him to end up in your freezer.

I wish you and the roo luck.

Edit: You're feeding him, right? He's not going to forage well on his own. 😟

Are there rats, raccoons, 'possums, hawks, cats, weasels, ferrets, snakes, or coyote in your area? All of those and more will eat a quail. It might be kinder for him to end up in your freezer.

I wish you and the roo luck.

Edit: You're feeding him, right? He's not going to forage well on his own. 😟
I'm feeding him, my boyfriend traps them, he's right up against the house and doesn't seem to want to go to far, my friend might just take him

Please make an effort to rehome this guy to someone who will take care of him properly.

Abandoning an animal is never the answer.

Hoping it will fend for itself or be offed by something other than you is callous & cowardly.

Please do the right thing & encourage your friend to take him right now, or list him on craigslist, or take him to the humane society... At the very least, put him in a safe spot.

Or give him some protection to stay safe in the garden (enclosure with hardware cloth to keep out predators). He sounds cute, making a home for himself there!

Even if he could survive in the wild, though, it isn't good to release/introduce non-native species (nor even native species that have been kept in captivity and might carry new diseases to their wild cousins). A new home--protected in the garden or with your friend--is best.

Back
Top Bottom