Ill chicken

Hadia Zahoor 118

Chirping
Jun 9, 2019
I have two chickens. Both of them are 8 months old. From last two days, one of them is showing odd behaviour. Its becoming slow, starts sleeping while standing or stood on the same spot for long time. It is eating okay and pooping little. But I dont know what is happening? Is it going to die? What should I do???

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_225622.jpg
    IMG_20200222_225622.jpg
    731.3 KB · Views: 7
Are they both roosters and males? If so, is one more dominant that the other? Sometimes roosters can keep other roosters from eating and drinking. Can you offer him some water with a little sugar in it or electrolytes? Can you feel of his breast bone and lift him to check if he is losing weight? Check his poop for any watery or abnormal ones. Where are you located?

Are they both roosters and males? If so, is one more dominant that the other? Sometimes roosters can keep other roosters from eating and drinking. Can you offer him some water with a little sugar in it or electrolytes? Can you feel of his breast bone and lift him to check if he is losing weight? Check his poop for any watery or abnormal ones. Where are you located?

Both are male. But he is the dominant and bigger one. Now, he is acting slow. He has lost a little weight. I'll give him the water with sugar. He is not doing the usual poop. Its doing very little, a brown watery ones in small quantity and after long gaps. Im located in india

Good advice about checking the crop in early morning before he has eaten. What do you normally feed him? Granite poultry grit is needed to help in digestion. Coccidiosis, worms, or an obstruction in the gizzard might be possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom