Illinois traders!!!!

I don't know if this is the right place or not..but is anyone interested in spliting an order of chicks? Rural King in Litchfield is offering them and the prices seem reasonable. Minimum order is 25 and I really didn't want to get 25. PM me if you have questions Thanks, Donna

Donna, where are you from...county or city is fine....i wouldnt mind splitting it with you if you were within reasonable distance from me....im in southern IL, washington county

Sent you a PM Freddy.

For anyone else interested I though I would add--I found the advantage of ordering from Rural King, was that they told me there would not be a "minimum order of any particular bird". I specifically asked could I order 1 of 25 different birds they said yes. Also no shipping and handling. Most of the pullet chicks are 2.27, 2.37 and 2.54 ea, Straight run less.

Donna

I'm on my way out the door right now to find out...Driving to Rural King in the snow....I shall return with info

()relics :

I'm on my way out the door right now to find out...Driving to Rural King in the snow....I shall return with info

They will have order forms there, at least our store does in Litchfield...they only seem to order certain birds unless you fill out an order form. You can request a desired delivery date and they hold your order for 5 days, if you don't show they sell your birds.

I also should have restated, while you don't have to order a minimum number of a certain breed, you do have to order atleast 25.​

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, Paris Rural King buys Cackle. My boy did great in 4-H last year with their birds. 2 Grand Champion and 3 Reserve Grand Champion
one lonely B ribbon for a bird with a crooked back (hey, he was a 'rare breed' and how were we to know that was an abnormal look
big_smile.png
)

I happened to be in Effingham IL Rural King yesterday..they said they require a minimum of 5 chicks per breed..Litchfield told me they did not require a minimum per breed, just 25. They seemed to order more varieties (had a book with pictures) and their prices might be different...so it could vary from store to store.

I would like to get 8 to 10 chicks...I am in Bond County, I drive to the Belleville area 3 times a week and the store is in Litchfield, so if anyone is interested let me know. If not well I guess I'll just order 25. I was thinking about getting them in early April.
Thanks, Donna

Thanks to everyone who replied to my very first post on BYC. Special thanks to Cruiser and his first friendly response.
smile.png

We have all the chicks for the 4H project now. The next shipment is for me! My DH just doesn't know it yet! I think I must be crazy!! 60 chicks and counting and ~30 eggs into the incubator this week . . . I need a bigger basement.
wink.png

I am sure I will keep reading and likely posting some extra chicks in the ads forum once the boys make their final selections.

Back
Top Bottom