Illinois...

Quote:
Welcome, dweder!!
frow.gif
When we lived in the suburbs (Naperville, Bolingbrook), we visited the Glen Ellyn Clinic often with our kids. Also took classes at COD. We escaped to rural Lee County 10 years ago but DH still commutes to Naperville for work (USPS). Now that there are quite a few Northern Illinois BYCers, we should think about a get together like some of the other areas do!!

Quote:
Welcome, dweder!!
frow.gif
When we lived in the suburbs (Naperville, Bolingbrook), we visited the Glen Ellyn Clinic often with our kids. Also took classes at COD. We escaped to rural Lee County 10 years ago but DH still commutes to Naperville for work (USPS). Now that there are quite a few Northern Illinois BYCers, we should think about a get together like some of the other areas do!!

I totally agree and would love that! Just keep me posted! I feel very alone in the chicken world here in Glen Ellyn. LOL.

Quote:
Welcome, dweder!!
frow.gif

I totally agree and would love that! Just keep me posted! I feel very alone in the chicken world here in Glen Ellyn. LOL.

Oh don't feel all alone
frow.gif
I would love a get together too!

6chickens in St. Charles :

Quote:

Oh don't feel all alone
frow.gif
I would love a get together too!​

Welcome Neighbors!
If you ever come down to that Chicagoland Speedway place in Joliet Il, I'll be waiting for you with open arms! (OH! and coffee....lots of coffee) I'm just a hop ( no skip no jump) away from there.

Last edited:
UPDATE: GOT EGGS...THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Hey ya'll, Every year my daughters school does a hatch for the kids. The teacher usually get eggs from the extension office, this year they couldn't get them until too late, she wants them by next week because the kids will be out of school end of May. The teacher called me because she knows I have chickens, but I just got rid of my only rooster so I dont have any fertile eggs. I was wondering if anyone could help us out. She does have a budget for eggs although pretty small. I was wondering if anyone had extra eggs they would donate and we would pay shipping. Truly doesn't matter the breed, just possibly light colored eggs so the kids can see through the candling process. A barnyard mix will be just fine. Can anyone help us?? Thanks so much!
Danielle

Last edited:
Hi All. I'm originally from Crete/Monee area and am now right over the border in Hoosier land. Having lived in farm towns we never had much in the way of pets so having chickens is all new to me...Hoping to learn a lot!!

Back
Top Bottom