Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:Cool thanks!

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    This place is dead..... Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving! I'm starting to get things prepped for Winter here. [​IMG]
    So not looking forward to it either..

3. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too Steven!! and to everyone else too!! Safe travels for those going somewhere and blessings on those that are hosting a gathering.

I'm not looking forward to winter but it must come so that we can have our spring.........I love spring!! I have some pullets that are starting to lay and will be interested to see if they continue. The flock loves scratching around in the leaf piles, I hope they're finding and eating all the Japanese beetle grubs!!!

4. greenriver

greenriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Wilmington, Il
    Speaking of winter prep, I just bought one of those plug in waterers to keep the water from freezing. $33 dollars from Big R.

Sure hope it is a good investment.

5. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    We're just about finished with winter prepping. The wood shed is filled to the brim and there is still extra wood to split if needed. The buildings are secure, hay is put up. Most of the canning is finished, just waiting for beef to get back from the butcher. We're doing turkeys today for our customers.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I can relate to that! I dont have any electricity going out to the coop so they get warm water two to three times a day. I m holding on to the waterer until it freezes too much. So far so good!

Been so wet today! Chickens are doing well so far. Tonight they get left over spagetti warmed up.

7. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:Do you butcher them yourself or do you take them somewhere?

8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Its been raining all day! Its cold, nasty, and wet out! Gonna have to put some extra bedding the coops tonight.
    All the birds are drenched from standing in the rain all day. [​IMG]

9. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Me too, well it was my silkies that decided to stay out in the rain, all the big girls went into there coop to stay dry. Go Figure [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Silkies are not the brightest bulb in the bunch but their personality and broodiness, well, you gotta go with the flow LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by