Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Still for sale! [​IMG]

2. Faith Hope

Faith Hope Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Illinois
    Hey! I am looking for some fertile eggs for my silkie to hatch. (She has already hatched out 3 broods so far, and she is only a year and a half old!) I would like some blue cochin eggs, or welsummer, or marans. I live about half way between St. Louis and Springfield, Illinois. Does anyone close by have any of these? I would only need about 6 to 8 eggs.

Thanks!

3. 32bantam

32bantam Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2011
    Quote:No eggs here but I must not be too far from you. Staunton

4. Faith Hope

Faith Hope Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Illinois
    Yep! You are quite near me. I live just across the highway from Livingston.

5. 32bantam

32bantam Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2011
    Well, Howdy neighbor! [​IMG]

6. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Hi, I looking for a dark good quality Speckled Sussex Rooster to breed with my SS girls if ya have one for sale close to Decatur please PM me Age doesn't matter as long at it is old enough to sex and is dark colored. Thanks Sandy!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  7. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Does anyone sell eggs wholesale or of the farm here? I am wanting to start selling eggs at a farmstand and I know I need a Limited Egg handling license. I was wondering what else I should have and do in order to sell eggs legally and with proper legal coverage?

8. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    New cartons, sanitizer to clean the eggs, a dedicated fridge with a constant temp to store the eggs, a dedicated fridge with a constant temp to sell the eggs from. When you apply for your license, they will let you know.

9. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:Ok cool, do you have any insurance and do you have to get a buisiness liscense?

10. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    Liability insurance is always a good idea when selling to the public. Our liability insurance is part of our farm insurance . Check with your insurance agent to see if you're covered.

Check with your county gooberment to see if they require a business license or if you only need a DBA (doing business as).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by