Illinois...

Quote:
Still for sale!
smile.png

Hey! I am looking for some fertile eggs for my silkie to hatch. (She has already hatched out 3 broods so far, and she is only a year and a half old!) I would like some blue cochin eggs, or welsummer, or marans. I live about half way between St. Louis and Springfield, Illinois. Does anyone close by have any of these? I would only need about 6 to 8 eggs.

Thanks!

Hi, I looking for a dark good quality Speckled Sussex Rooster to breed with my SS girls if ya have one for sale close to Decatur please PM me Age doesn't matter as long at it is old enough to sex and is dark colored. Thanks Sandy!

Last edited:
Does anyone sell eggs wholesale or of the farm here? I am wanting to start selling eggs at a farmstand and I know I need a Limited Egg handling license. I was wondering what else I should have and do in order to sell eggs legally and with proper legal coverage?

New cartons, sanitizer to clean the eggs, a dedicated fridge with a constant temp to store the eggs, a dedicated fridge with a constant temp to sell the eggs from. When you apply for your license, they will let you know.

Liability insurance is always a good idea when selling to the public. Our liability insurance is part of our farm insurance . Check with your insurance agent to see if you're covered.

Check with your county gooberment to see if they require a business license or if you only need a DBA (doing business as).

Back
Top Bottom