Illinois...

Quote:
There is one in Arthur. Its Central Illinois Poultry Processing. I havent used them yet but know of those that have. I heard they are pretty reasonable. I will use them this spring as I am going to raise some meaties this year. If anyone has heard of another place or better please let me know.

They charge 2.25 for CX and 2.75 for others, which is alot if pay $6 per bird to raise them IMO. The good thing is that they are USDA and they package them nicely. I couldnt find my information for them.

Quote:
There is one in Arthur. Its Central Illinois Poultry Processing. I havent used them yet but know of those that have. I heard they are pretty reasonable. I will use them this spring as I am going to raise some meaties this year. If anyone has heard of another place or better please let me know.

Alot of my friends use them too! However they said they will not process less than 25 chickens or they will charge MORE for less because they have to wash down everything for each customer bringing from different farms. I hope they change the policy since more and more folks are going backyard.

They are very good in their customer and they do package, cut up whatever you want. Be sure to bring your own cooler once you get them. Bring them in early, shop around Arthur and then by afternoon, you have your meaties all ready to go!

Quote:
They would lose their USDA status if they didn't wash everything down between customers. Supplies and labor aren't free.

Very true but changing the numbers of birds to be butchered is what I meant.

Quote:
They would lose their USDA status if they didn't wash everything down between customers. Supplies and labor aren't free.

Very true but changing the numbers of birds to be butchered is what I meant.

Im pretty sure what she meant is that it would be expensive to have to wash all the equipment between customers if everyone only had a small number of birds. Also I think they do allow less then 25 but you have to pay for 25 if you do under 25.

If I remember right, my friend only had ten birds to butcher, they told her they would not do ten birds unless she agrees to pay a bit more, I think it was $4.00 per bird less than 25. $3.00 per bird, more than 25.

Prices may have changed since then, it was two years ago when she gave me the prices.

Quote:
We are from Wilmington also.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom