Illinois...

What’s up?

89293A42-FE05-49EA-8E80-6DB13571F399.jpeg
E0994C1B-A433-4592-90EA-BBDC9C4B48C8.jpeg
42EB83A0-4822-4E93-8404-C52FBD03C4C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey y'all, Bloomington, IL here. I'm looking for someone local to build me a coop. I have something in mind I'll put a pic in here.
Does anyone know of someone in Central Illinois that will put one together for me? I'll be doing the run myself I just would like a cute smallish coop for say 8-10 chickens.
I have a large coop but I'm moving and can't take it with me. And I'm tired of building them. 😊View attachment 3596364
Countryside in eureka sells and delivers one that looks like this

I love many things about fall, but one thing I will never like is the increase in predator activity. My poor quail were hit a few nights ago, last night and again this morning. Each time something grabbed quail and attempted to pull their bodies through the 1 sq inch cage wire. Most of the remains were left uneaten inside the cage. Poor quail had to witness and endure the whole attack. This morning things were fresh at the crime scene.

This afternoon, I processed some quail and brought the rest into the garage for the night. I guess we better hurry and decide which few to keep before the predators decide for us. (Sadly all 4 victims were females and one was a favorite.)

If anyone is interested in getting a quail trio let me know.

I love many things about fall, but one thing I will never like is the increase in predator activity. My poor quail were hit a few nights ago, last night and again this morning. Each time something grabbed quail and attempted to pull their bodies through the 1 sq inch cage wire. Most of the remains were left uneaten inside the cage. Poor quail had to witness and endure the whole attack. This morning things were fresh at the crime scene.

This afternoon, I processed some quail and brought the rest into the garage for the night. I guess we better hurry and decide which few to keep before the predators decide for us. (Sadly all 4 victims were females and one was a favorite.)

If anyone is interested in getting a quail trio let me know.
Sorry for your losses 😞 I had mink and weasel this year....they can go through any openings bigger than a half inch.
I try to keep the ground predators population down.
The owls are back, 3 poults in less than 2 weeks. At least the owls just eat the neck and it's cool out. They aren't even starting rigor mortis at dawn when I find them. I skin to make sure there isn't any punchers. I don't mind sharing with the owls.
I would think turkeys would be smart enough to notice the carnage and go in the coops....but not. Just sit in the same tree and get picked off.

Each time something grabbed quail and attempted to pull their bodies through the 1 sq inch cage wire.
Sounds like the work of a raccoon :hit
Can you get your hands on a small quantity of ½ inch HC. I know it is pricey, and comes in quantities that may be more than needed at this time. Old time hardware stores used to sell it by the foot in bygone days. Those stores are history now. Everything now comes in preset rolls.
This just popped into my mind, Consider a sheet of steel lath . I used this in my eves to keep out squirrels out of the attic. Somewhat affordable. Can be purchased individual sheet. Roll it up and slip it into back seat portion of car with ease. Wear gloves to prevent cuts to fingers. I have soft skin.:gig
image_2023-10-17_001013769.png

Hi! I recently moved to Henry, IL. I've been researching about backyard ducks and can't seem to find out if I can have any ducks here in town, any information and replies are greatly appreciated!
-Veneki

Hi! I recently moved to Henry, IL. I've been researching about backyard ducks and can't seem to find out if I can have any ducks here in town, any information and replies are greatly appreciated!
-Veneki
https://www.cityofhenryil.org/henry-city-codes
Well one spot in the code it says if noisy there's an issue
Screenshot_20231026-183902.png

and a little further it says poultry are not allowed.

Screenshot_20231026-184207.png

Back
Top Bottom