Illinois...

Hi from Danville, IL! I've been reading this site for the past year, since getting my first chickens. I have 3 hens, 3 pullets, 2 (most likely) cockerals, and 5 ducklings. Hoping to finish my new coop for the chicks this weekend. I love raising chickens and hope to love the ducks as much ~ as soon as they're no longer living in my bathroom! Anyone else in or near Danville?

I'm just outside champaign- is that close enough?
wink.png
I've got a mixed flock of 14, and have some serama chicks and La Fleche on the way. Hi neighbor!

Quote:

I see you're looking for Marans........I have a friend who'd like to have three more (she has one BCM pullet)..have you heard from anyone with them?

She is also looking for a metal nest box that has at least six nests in it if anyone within a hour or so of Amboy (61310) has one.

I plan on attending. I'm looking for a few things in particular. If anyone here in IL has any of these , let me know. I can travel to pick or meet at the swap. I live in Freeport.

Seramas
Old English Game Bantams
Japanese Bantams
Sulkies (bantams)
Blue Copper Marans
Black Copper Marans
Splash Marans
Seabright Bantams

Would love some SQ birds. :)

Thanks!
I have 2 young ones that I am sure I can part with.

One is for sure a Roo, and I am sure the other is a Pullet. They are about 4 weeks old....

Hi Notafarm. I have yet to find any localy but if I'm betting I'll see a few for sale in Freeport next weekend and I plan to pick up a few. I'll update on that next weekend. I actually DID find those boxes you where looking for but it's 10 box. http://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/2950486752.html

Tbitt, are those your horses (drools)? Will you be at the swap?

*edit* Sorry about my silkie typo. XD

Last edited:
Yes they are my horses....big spoiled brats...that is what they are! LOL

The one in the front is my primary riding horse; Drifter, he is a Tennessee Walker

The one in the middle is Savannah; she is a rescue about 18yo and fun to ride (can be fast fast fast)

The one in the back is my husband's primary riding horse; Flint, he is a registered paint (duh, you can see his color I guess I don't have to point out that he is a APHA...LOL)

and I have 2 more besides them.....
th.gif

I am not sure if I can make that swap or not, I have friends in a marathon that I was going to go support...I am so conflicted.....but I should go support my friends...
Might you be interested in those two Bantams? If so we can figure something out.

Hi Notafarm. I have yet to find any localy but if I'm betting I'll see a few for sale in Freeport next weekend and I plan to pick up a few. I'll update on that next weekend. I actually DID find those boxes you where looking for but it's 10 box. http://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/2950486752.html

Tbitt, are those your horses (drools)? Will you be at the swap?

*edit* Sorry about my silkie typo. XD
Thanks!
highfive.gif
I checked CL once but not in the last couple of days. I emailed to see if they had any pics available. I may go up to the swap just to go....I think my friend has other plans but I'll pickup the Marans if I see some.

Man CL is an addiction for me. I check it everyday XD. Tbitt, I actually thought that was a paint/arab cross (pintabian?). I love that head! I have a breeding stock paint but and she has that doll head as well. That's her in my avatar. I also have big 23yr old QH and a palomino 14.0 QH. 5 would kill me. My girl is only 3 and she's a little firecracker. I just bought her and she rides great but seriously needs some ground manners and we're working on that and have been for the last week. *phew*.
I'm getting a shippment of mille fluer cochins, serama and modern game bantams this week and have a few neat blue mottled japanese bantams and even more serama in the bator. Once I see how many birds I end up I will let you know. Should know a few days after May 3rd-4th. I don't want to end up with too many birds XD

Back
Top Bottom