Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. twinmama

twinmama Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2011
    Illinois
    Hi from Danville, IL! I've been reading this site for the past year, since getting my first chickens. I have 3 hens, 3 pullets, 2 (most likely) cockerals, and 5 ducklings. Hoping to finish my new coop for the chicks this weekend. I love raising chickens and hope to love the ducks as much ~ as soon as they're no longer living in my bathroom! Anyone else in or near Danville?

2. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm just outside champaign- is that close enough? [​IMG] I've got a mixed flock of 14, and have some serama chicks and La Fleche on the way. Hi neighbor!

3. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    We have silkies and are buying orpingtons tomorrow we are in Denver just south of carthage

4. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    [​IMG]

and[​IMG] to the Illinois thread twinmama and GAChknGirl!!

5. NotAFarm

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois

6. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
    I have 2 young ones that I am sure I can part with.

One is for sure a Roo, and I am sure the other is a Pullet. They are about 4 weeks old....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. blackminx

blackminx Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    Freeport IL
    Hi Notafarm. I have yet to find any localy but if I'm betting I'll see a few for sale in Freeport next weekend and I plan to pick up a few. I'll update on that next weekend. I actually DID find those boxes you where looking for but it's 10 box. http://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/2950486752.html

Tbitt, are those your horses (drools)? Will you be at the swap?

*edit* Sorry about my silkie typo. XD

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  8. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
    Yes they are my horses....big spoiled brats...that is what they are! LOL

The one in the front is my primary riding horse; Drifter, he is a Tennessee Walker

The one in the middle is Savannah; she is a rescue about 18yo and fun to ride (can be fast fast fast)

The one in the back is my husband's primary riding horse; Flint, he is a registered paint (duh, you can see his color I guess I don't have to point out that he is a APHA...LOL)

and I have 2 more besides them..... [​IMG]

I am not sure if I can make that swap or not, I have friends in a marathon that I was going to go support...I am so conflicted.....but I should go support my friends...
    Might you be interested in those two Bantams? If so we can figure something out.

9. NotAFarm

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks! [​IMG] I checked CL once but not in the last couple of days. I emailed to see if they had any pics available. I may go up to the swap just to go....I think my friend has other plans but I'll pickup the Marans if I see some.

10. blackminx

blackminx Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    Freeport IL
    Man CL is an addiction for me. I check it everyday XD. Tbitt, I actually thought that was a paint/arab cross (pintabian?). I love that head! I have a breeding stock paint but and she has that doll head as well. That's her in my avatar. I also have big 23yr old QH and a palomino 14.0 QH. 5 would kill me. My girl is only 3 and she's a little firecracker. I just bought her and she rides great but seriously needs some ground manners and we're working on that and have been for the last week. *phew*.
    I'm getting a shippment of mille fluer cochins, serama and modern game bantams this week and have a few neat blue mottled japanese bantams and even more serama in the bator. Once I see how many birds I end up I will let you know. Should know a few days after May 3rd-4th. I don't want to end up with too many birds XD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by