Illinois...

LOOKING FOR:

Silkies and Easter Eggers and or pure Ameraucana.

If you know of anyone who has some babies for sale, please post.

( I have a very dear friend looking and I want to make sure she gets good stuff)

Thanks all!

I can fix you up with eggs-- as I've already sold off my chicks... I'm getting ready to move-- and so my incubator's are shut off already.

My stock originated from Jean Ribbick, WA State- the Pres of Amer Club... I think they were either $8 or $10 day old chicks.
LOOKING FOR: Silkies and Easter Eggers and or pure Ameraucana. If you know of anyone who has some babies for sale, please post. ( I have a very dear friend looking and I want to make sure she gets good stuff) Thanks all!

Last edited:
I don't have an incubator....
I am looking for babies for a friend. What do you have egg wise? I might be interested; if I can get a friend to incubate them for me....

I don't have an incubator.... I am looking for babies for a friend. What do you have egg wise? I might be interested; if I can get a friend to incubate them for me....
I have:

3 breeding pens of straight Cornish- (Dark/ Blue Laced Red/ White Laced Red colors)

1 Pure Black Ameraucana breeding pen

2 blue Silkies under the Black Ameraucana (would result in split for blue, normal feathered, green/ blue egg laying EE) ***The F2 generation could create silkie feathered, blue egg layers though.
1 black F1 Silkie cross pullet under the same Black Amer (would also result in blue/ green EE)
4 Dark Cornish bantams under the same Black Amer (green laying tweener sized meaty EE)

I have not checked fertility on the bantams under the LF Amer cock, as we've been eating those eggs-- but I would assume they'd be fertile.

The other pens have either been having eggs hatched from them this spring (EE pen)-- or I've been selling tons of hatching eggs (Cornish/ Amer pens) from them all spring.

The last lady who purchased Cornish eggs hatched 12 out of 14 eggs- I think I've sold 15 dozen so far.

I have been getting $30 per dozen (or $2.50/ egg) plus shipping for the Cornish Eggs, $2.00 per egg, plus shipping for the Ameraucana eggs, and would sell you the EE eggs for just above eating egg price as long as you paid the shipping.

I do have the last batch of chicks (7 or 8) still here- but they are all sold and are awaiting pickup this weekend and next-- so I could take pictures if you'd like. They were hatched the last week of Jan- and 2 weeks later.

Depends on where you are- but I'm located towards the western side of the state.

ETA: I just saw where you are, I just drove through that area this weekend on a trip. I went from Sublette to Dixon to Forreston...

Last edited:
I don't know if any of you are in the southern Illinois area but on sunday, may 6th we are having an open house featuring our hosta collection (my other obsession). We have over 550 hostas in themed hosta beds. PM me if you are interested in coming. We will be home all day. We are also right on the southern Illinois wine trail so you could easily make a day of it. PS, of course we could talk chickens too
smile.png

http://www.shawneewinetrail.com/

Last edited:
I don't know if any of you are in the southern Illinois area but on sunday, may 6th we are having an open house featuring our hosta collection (my other obsession). We have over 550 hostas in themed hosta beds. PM me if you are interested in coming. We will be home all day. We are also right on the southern Illinois wine trail so you could easily make a day of it. PS, of course we could talk chickens too
smile.png

http://www.shawneewinetrail.com/

This sounds like fun... I do not live down that way but it might be worth a trip.....

Back
Top Bottom