Illinois...

Bad tbitt! Bad bad bad.
I showed the baby ducks to DH. He said "no!" very emphatically. He is not wrong, we don't have a farm, we live in the (unincorporated) suburb of Chicago. We don't have a pond or anything that would make the ducks happy. And at some point, my neighbors might have a meltdown... So far, so good, they have not complained about the happy cluck-cluck of the girls, but you never know...
Call ducks are so little they are happy with a kiddie pool.
hide.gif

I'm under the impression that call ducks are noisy.....since MissFrog sounds like she has nearby neighbors, maybe not the best choice for her...now Muscovies are quiet and will do nicely with a small pool instead of something bigger also!
wink.png
Mine can be very noisy if they wanna be. Usually when they see me or someone in the yard they will be very vocal. But I agree, if you have close neighbors, I'd get something other than a call duck

WHAT?!?

What noise! ;)

How could you not want a Duck? :eek:)
They can be messy.. Mine have turned their pens into mud pits. They all looked like Mud Ducks when I put them inside for the night.

Hi! I am excited to meet other chicken enthusiasts! I live in western Naperville, will be getting my chicks next month, and I was wondering if there are any backyard chicken groups in DuPage or Kane county? Thanks!

Hi MrsWeasly, nice to met you.

I don't know of any groups. But I am sire there are a few on here willing to help.

What kind ate you getting!?

Back
Top Bottom