Illinois...

Quote:
I lived in Galesburg for about 3 months and decided city life isn't for me. I've lived in a small town pretty much my hole life and even they seem to big for me.
I used to run around in Macomb years ago and in Rochelle area so I kind of know the drive you make. Can't say I envy you on that one.

Yes the drive can seem long at times, but once we're there, it's well worth it. I'm very anxious to make it my permanent residence.

Quote:
Hi! Next time we pass through I'll be thinking of ya!
frow.gif

smile.png
wave as you go past! we are about 3 miles south of the airport and farm king.
smile.png

Hi Illinoisians!! I'm somewhat new to BYC, and just came across this thread!

I'm from the nw suburbs of Chicago.

I read that it is illegal to own chickens or ducks here but I cant find that information? The only thing listed for my county is that if you keep these birds you must have proper shelter?

Hey Friends
smile.png

I'm originally from the Chicago suburbs, but living in Wisconsin now, just north of Janesville.

I'm interested in buying some started pullets... preferably buff orps... any leads?

Gratitude!
Wildflower

Good Morning all,
When I let my chicks out to free range, they run up to my house and dig through my flower beds. We live on 40 acres, they have lots of other places to be. I was thinking about buying some cedar chips to put around my flowers this year to discourage them from scratching everything up. They avoid those chips like the plague. Has anyone tried this or anything else? I like to let them out BUT I really like pretty flowers.

fyi cedar chips dont work. Now I have devised a piece of wire fence. hmmmm. keeping my fingers crossed.

I wish we chatted on here about our projects and chickens. What kind we raise, new things we try. Seems like we have 20 pages of "Hey I live_____ where do you live".

I am getting ready for spring, cleaned out the flower beds. And I am also anxiously awaiting the Ramsay Community sale. They have all kinds of really cool things. Including chickens, rabbits, and pups. fun fun!!!

Any other sales like this around?

Quote:
Sounds like a cool community sale, not sure where Ramsay is though.
I too am awaiting spring to clean out my beds. Been crappy on my days off.

Ramsay sale is really cool. Besides the Chickens, Rabbits and puppies there are sandwiches and boyscouts and girlscouts. of course they are all selling stuff. If you are looking for a piece of farm equipment it is there. Especially if you are looking for a piece that has not been made in about 40 or 50 years. My husband and I have 40 acres and just a little bit that we can "farm" so the old equipment is great because it is small. Last year I think there was about 5000 old lawn mowers. really. haha. But if anyone has chickens to sell this is the place to go.
Look on the map, find Vandalia and then look to the north. There it is. Come on over, I think it is the first weekend in April. I will check.

Back
Top Bottom