Illinois...

Tiramisu: If you ever end up with too many pullets or hens that need a new home, I'm open to suggestion! I just started a small flock and won't be expanding too much, but I'm open to a few extras!

Cyndi - Thanks for the welcome! I was checking out your website - it's terrific and looks like quite a life! I'll have to remember the homesteading weekend in June.

I know where you can get laying hens in the fall.

An organic egg farm just south of us ran by some Mennonite get new hens every year. They sell their old hens for really cheap (usuall a buck or two a bird). They are 1 year old production red sex links.

Hi everyone. I have not been around in a while.

All this weather is getting me ready for spring! Today does not count!
wink.png

Anyway, I will be setting up my coop area when the weather is better and am looking for some fowl anyone would like to 'donate' or sell.
smile.png

I do not mind older hens as it will be our first try here where we live.

Thanks for reading!
caf.gif

Laura

Hi Laura,

This is a great time to get started as there are chicks for sale everywhere. I live near the bottom of the state. Most of my neighbors have chicks or chickens or incubators. fun fun!! Have you thought about what kind of chickens you would like to have?

Julie

I am unsure where to get some chicks. There really are not any farm supply places I can just go to around me. I also would have to be sure it is a hen and not a rooster.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom