Illinois...

Hi!

I'm looking for some hatching eggs. Mail service here is odd so I thought I would try and see if anyone is local. I'm 15 miles south of Chicago in unincorporated cook. I'd be willing to drive a ways if need be! I would like to hatch a batch soon and I offered to research a source for our schools hatching ( as I have offered to be the new chick home), that project is scheduled for April.

Thanks!

Deb

Ive got some Buckeyes, Australorps and Orpingtons to sell.  And will have some Ameraucanas for sale in a couple weeks, will sell males females pairs, price depends on what you want also will make a deal if you buy the whole lot.  Also two trios of Blue and Black Langshans they are $100 a trio, or will make a deal.  Really need these birds gone so I can cut down on my feed bill. D
do you have any birds left for sale?

Hello Everyone! Im new to BYC and absolutely love all the great Info and nice People on here! I live in Odell IL. Just moved here last Spring and now working on establishing a nice mixed Flock of Chickens, Guineas and Ducks :)

Kathrin

Kathrin
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread! What do you have so far?

That is a nice group with lots of variety. I have a Silver Laced Wyandotte hen that is has raised quite a few chicks. Love that big girl!

Aww! Chicks, how nice! I'm going to try raising some Chicks this Spring. I love my silver laced Wyandotte hen! She is the only Chicken that my Guineas like. They do everything together! The Guineas Follow her Around all Day and they always roost together at Night. She is my Best Layer!

I had already thought this, but I emailed Crest Hill just to make sure hens are legal in the town and I finally got a response back from building comissioner's secretary. They are indeed legal, and there's no limit on number or distance from neighbor, etc.
wee.gif

Hi!

I'm looking for some hatching eggs. Mail service here is odd so I thought I would try and see if anyone is local. I'm 15 miles south of Chicago in unincorporated cook. I'd be willing to drive a ways if need be! I would like to hatch a batch soon and I offered to research a source for our schools hatching ( as I have offered to be the new chick home), that project is scheduled for April.

Thanks!

Deb

Check with Primrose Farm Park in St. Charles. They raise Columbian Wyandottes, provide eggs to a number of school programs and to the Museum of Science and Industry for the big incubator there.
http://www.primrosefarmpark.com/

Back
Top Bottom