Illinois...

I live near Joliet, and unfortunately, it looks like one of my Black Australorps will be a roo. He's very friendly, as he was raised with children handling him. He's about 4 months old. I'm looking for someone who can take him from me as roos aren't allowed in my town.
sad.png

Last edited:
I would like to invite everyone to the Central Illinois Poultry show. The deadline for sending entries in is May 26th, for the show on June 21st in Bloomington. If you need the entry forms or want to look at the catalog, feel free to visit our website here... centralillinoispoultryshow.com/ Hope to see everyone there!

Last edited:
Going to Hillsboro IL to get this beautiful black silkie hen to add to my flock! Does anyone have tips or anything on quarantining a chicken when you first get it or simple things to know when getting a new adult bird to add to a flock?

finally found a hen!!!!! good for you !!!! when quarantining a new bird I would go with a one month at the very least as you never know when a issue could show itself. you could then introduce by separation for a bit and then get ready for the magic.

I love my silkies and have FINALLY managed to hatch enough to add more hens to my little flock. I have black, blue and splash and would have to say they are one of my favorite if not my favorite breed of chicken.

Hi I'm looking for pilgrim and Sebastopol goslings around the southern IL-Stl region! As I realize it is late in the season Id be okay with just being put on a waiting list for next spring if that's possible! Pm me if you have any! Thank you!

Hi I see some of these post are older I am trying to get as much information as I can to stand before our village hall meeting on June 3, 2014 in Hoffman Estates to ask that our council members consider a request for homeowners be allowed to have backyard chickens. Please help if you can or give advice!
thanks!

I think you are to introduce the chickens to the flock at night that way they are less likely to pick a fight. Let's say you have two chickens to add to your flock - introduce both birds at the same time that way one bird does not get picked on all the time. Good luck

Going to Hillsboro IL to get this beautiful black silkie hen to add to my flock! Does anyone have tips or anything on quarantining a chicken when you first get it or simple things to know when getting a new adult bird to add to a flock?
after quarantining you might want to use a smaller cage dog crate etc and place the bird where the other can see , hear , smell it for a couple days..I always introduce a newbie with lots and lots of treats..scratch, BOSS etc to keep them busy there may be some small tiff's but they are just working out pecking order and if your top hen or rooster is very mean remove it for a couple days to the little cage, it will allow a new pecking order then reintroduce...good luck

Hello,

I am looking to buy eggs sourced from hens/chickens that are fed CORN-free and SOY-free poultry feed for eating. I eat about 6 eggs per day and they are very important for my diet.
I am in Cook/Lake county, any sellers?

Back
Top Bottom