Illinois...

How do I get involved in 4-H around here? My 10 year old daughter is so gaga for hatching chicks. I would LOVE to get her involved but know nothing since I moved from chicago area not long ago. This is our first country year!

How do I get involved in 4-H around here? My 10 year old daughter is so gaga for hatching chicks. I would LOVE to get her involved but know nothing since I moved from chicago area not long ago. This is our first country year!
Where are you located? I'm in 4-h with sangamon/menard, and yeah the extension building is the best way to figure everything out!

Anyone in the Macon Co area have interest in meat rabbits? I would like to disperse mine. Have one mature pair left, and several youngsters- but don't mind butchering the youngsters for myself. Priced right.

Welcome neighbor.  I'm in Westmont.  A friend of ours was a very active supporter in the fight to legalize chickens in DG.  Glad to hear it's working out for so many.

Make sure your neighbors are on board.  For us, that has made all the difference.  A few donated building supplies, & one neighbor regularly brings treats (kitchen scraps) for our girls.  In return, we give them some fresh eggs, compost, and entertainment.

I'm new to BYC, owning chickens, and westmont! We just moved here in March and the first thing I did was look into getting chickens! I've got 4 -4week old chicks. We are on Washington near downtown. Where are u at?

I'm new to BYC, owning chickens, and westmont! We just moved here in March and the first thing I did was look into getting chickens! I've got 4 -4week old chicks. We are on Washington near downtown. Where are u at?

Hi neighbor!
We live on the other side of Cass by Veterans Park. We've had our chickens for a year now. They make the rounds to visit the local schools like South, Twin Lakes, & Holy Trinity. Last winter was rough, but they all did well. We have a mixed flock (of mutts) for rainbow eggs. What breeds do you have?

I'm in Bethany, next to Sullivan. It's Moultrie County if that makes any difference. My daughter wants to raise Serama's and Golden Laced Sebrights. How does that work for 4-H? I have to be honest I don't know that much about it. I'm going to try to contact the extension office tomorrow. (monday) Thanks guys.

Hi neighbor!
We live on the other side of Cass by Veterans Park.  We've had our chickens for a year now.  They make the rounds to visit the local schools like South, Twin Lakes, & Holy Trinity.  Last winter was rough, but they all did well.  We have a mixed flock (of mutts) for rainbow eggs. What breeds do you have?

I've got a speckled Sussex's, welsummer, and 2 unknowns.. Just met a guy this morning down the block with 7 chickens. I love it!

Back
Top Bottom