Illinois...

Thank You for the welcome-no you are not far from me at all!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
and you will find alot of very good people here that is willing to help you if you need it. Im pretty new to chickens and BYC and these folks have been amazing!
Sandy

Im so glad you found BYC too! I stumbled across it while looking for information on chickens. But beware it is very addictive! LOL. I started out just wanting a few chickens for eggs and since febuary i have gained 47chicks now and 16 eggs in the incubator! What Kind of chickens are you getting, I have 19 12 week olds they are:
5 light brahma boys Packing peanuts all super sweet!
1 light brahma girl super sweet
2 Buff orpington girls So gentle and quiet!
2 Black Australorpes girls very sweet
2 California White girls friendly but alittle skiddish
2 Golden sexlinks very friendly
5 EE girls also very sweet

10 7 week olds
1 black cochin girl
1 red cochin girl
2 barred cochin girl
1 barred rock girl
2 black sexlink girls
2 Delaware I think one is a boy but not sure.
1 partridge cochin

15 2 week olds

5 Barnevelders girls
4 Blue cochins girls
1 Salmon Faverolle girl
5 Barred rock boys- packing peanuts

2 speckled sussex i hatched out

and 5 chicks that hatched out on the 1st of April
4 EEs don't know if there boys or girls
1 Silver laced wyandotte

3 Bob white quail

and last but not least
12 BBS Orpington hatching eggs due to hatch Weds or Thursday that I got from Tuffoldhen here on byc!!

Thats it for now! LOL
Not sure what Im going to do with all the Roosters yet, but one Im keeping for sure, his name is Honeycomb and he is a total Mommas boy! He is a light brahma and I didn't even order them they were all packing peanuts even the accidental girl they sent me!

Who'd have thunk it! chicken have personality, and little quirks all of there own! everyone of my little guys are distinctly different! I'd alway heard chickens were just dumb birds clucking around with out a thought in there head . Boy was I wrong! Anyway long story slightly longer I just love my chickens! And Im sure you will too!Edited just to say I miscounted my chicks 12 live in the bator and 54 chicks in brooders I think thats right!

Last edited:
I stumbled on BYC also while looking for info on chickens as well.
You have quite a flock! Do you like your Salmon Favorale-that is what I originally wanted but hard to come by!!
I am getting all pullets from natures Hatchery in Naperville, IL
April 29 arrival date-
I have ordered- 6 Arucana
3 silver laced Wyandottes
3 Buff orfys
3 assorted of whatever he wants-surprise!!

I am still figuring out this site as we still have dial-up internet-a little slow over here!
caf.gif

We also have 4 laboradors a white dove who is 23 years old, 2 150 gallon fish tanks-
My boyfriend does not want any roosters because of the noise.
It is great to chat with you!
I also have 2 boys-
wink.png
.human variety

Last edited:
Yep The salmon faverolles were the top breed on my list but like you said there hard to come by! I ordered mine back in Febuary and just get them on the 8th of this month, I ordered 5 girls and lost 4 of them because they are so tiny compared to the other chicks, Anyway I called Ideal and she told me that they are a very delicate chicken when they are very young. But on the upside I have some hatching eggs for the faverolles coming the middle of next month! You can find just about any breed you can think of on here and most times people can sell you eggs for them.
Anyway I named her sweetie pie cause she is such a little doll! I was going to get more to replace the ones that I lost but Ideal was sold out til 2010, I also have some Salmon Ameraucanas coming soon I hope! Did you order from a breeder to get your Auraucanas, they are really hard to get too ! I tried to find the best laying , friendliest quietest birds I could find, And there are alot of them, Hince my little chicken farm,
big_smile.png

here are some pictures of my chicken kiddos these are just a few of them! Im going to try and find pictures of some of sweetie pie and the blue cochins to show ya if you don't mind.
By the way its really nice chatting with you too.

Hi -yes I am on the waiting list as well for the Salmon Favorelles for 2010 from Ideal. !!
I got my Arucanas from Natures Hatchery in Naperville, IL although I dont have them yet I will post pictures as soon as I get my peeps!
We have been working very hard on our coop and gettin ready, lots of hard work and excited to get our peeps! Thanks so much for posting photos-I am learning so much from everyone on BYC so much information! And such caring people with good sence of humor, too!
lol.png
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom