Illinois...

You NEED to learn to tell what is a rooster. I'm not the best, but I can tell by 3 weeks in, even for EE's. It's not Rural King's fault, it is yours that you purchased roosters instead of hens. Later this Spring, I will be buying a group of baby roosters and butchering them at 2-3mo. I will happily take your roosters off of your hands. =D

I want to see them too........ ...and like you, I'm supposed to be selling chicks, not buying more. Definitely an addiction. Have you seen this video clip called The Hazards of Backyard Hens ? (She explains how chickens are a "gateway livestock.")
After having them for a few years, I can fully understand. LOL
I LOVE this video!!!! So true! Hilarious
1f413.png

ok I want this rooster. First I thought it was genetic defect but apparently its a chicken breed called Ayam Ketawa

Yes. I've seen these clips, but I'd love to see one in person. (What would the neighbors think if they heard daily laughing all morning long???)

I was able to take some pics of the Mottled and Jubilee Orpingtons I received on Friday. They are 2-3weeks old. As I said, I am only going to keep 2-3 of each. Anyone interested in these chicks, please send me a PM. Not a very nice background for the pics but the models were not so cooperative to carry them to a better area. Also can't figure out how to fix the rotation of these pics. My pics are upright but when I insert them, they get rotated 90 degrees.

I was able to take some pics of the Mottled and Jubilee Orpingtons I received on Friday. They are 2-3weeks old. As I said, I am only going to keep 2-3 of each. Anyone interested in these chicks, please send me a PM. Not a very nice background for the pics but the models were not so cooperative to carry them to a better area. Also can't figure out how to fix the rotation of these pics. My pics are upright but when I insert them, they get rotated 90 degrees.

They are beautiful!

Somebody stop me! I just bid on some Chocolate Orps (they are so pretty) She also has a mauve and blue hen in that pen, so I could get a nice mix.

My lavender Ameracauna eggs are developing nicely in the new incubator, haven't candled the BBMs yet.

I also built some holding pens for the babies and moved them out to the garage. They also have an outdoor pen too. And I have let my 9week BBMS begin to free range with supervision. My blue girl Bella, I think is so beautiful! Still thinking my black is a roo, he has some color on his wing, but the comb is a contradiction. I just think he is a late developer since he was half the size of his sister at hatch.

Somebody stop me! I just bid on some Chocolate Orps (they are so pretty) She also has a mauve and blue hen in that pen, so I could get a nice mix.

My lavender Ameracauna eggs are developing nicely in the new incubator, haven't candled the BBMs yet.

I also built some holding pens for the babies and moved them out to the garage. They also have an outdoor pen too. And I have let my 9week BBMS begin to free range with supervision. My blue girl Bella, I think is so beautiful! Still thinking my black is a roo, he has some color on his wing, but the comb is a contradiction. I just think he is a late developer since he was half the size of his sister at hatch.

Did you bid on the eggs or the chicks? Either way, should stop because the Blue and Mauve hens she has are not that good for an English type. I don't want to post the name of the seller here but I am 99% sure which one you are bidding on. PM me, if you really want them so bad and I can recommend/split something with you.

P.S. Your birds are very pretty especially the Blue one!

Last edited:
Did you bid on the eggs or the chicks? Either way, should stop because the Blue and Mauve hens she has are not that good for an English type. I don't want to post the name of the seller here but I am 99% sure which one you are bidding on. PM me, if you really want them so bad and I can recommend/split something with you.

P.S. Your birds are very pretty especially the Blue one!

Thanks, I think she is beautiful too. I sent you a pm.

What do you put over the top to keep them in? How do you use the milk jugs?

Back
Top Bottom