Illinois...

I saw it too, but I controlled myself on those gold laced Orps. I did some chicken math and said 15 tops at the beginning of spring, and I will now be at 20. There is always next year (at least that's what I keep telling myself.) I am considering an automatic door for the new coop, any recommendations would be great. My 3 coop windows came on Friday, so getting excited to start.
I had to stop myself from few auctions myself. Haha!

Sold 3 chicks today, 2 Mottled and a Welsummer so down to 11. Still have to rehome 3 Mottled and 2 Jubilee cockerels, hopefully before the new batch hatches on June 5th/6th.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with automatic doors to make a recommendation. Good luck with the coop extention project. I am working on covering my run with something. All these thunderstorms are making the run too wet and smelly.

No auto door here so no recommendation.....but will be anxious to see what others say. An auto door is a dream of mine.
caf.gif

I had to stop myself from few auctions myself. Haha!

Sold 3 chicks today, 2 Mottled and a Welsummer so down to 11. Still have to rehome 3 Mottled and 2 Jubilee cockerels, hopefully before the new batch hatches on June 5th/6th.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with automatic doors to make a recommendation. Good luck with the coop extention project. I am working on covering my run with something. All these thunderstorms are making the run too wet and smelly.

Ok, Papa Brooder was calling it quits on his Flash sales and asked if there was something he didn't post or something someone wanted. Something came over me and said what about some Blue/splash orps? He put them up and guess who has 6 chicks coming! So Junibutt, I know you have the 2 eggs, but if you need a blue, I can't keep all 6. They won't be arriving until the second week of June.

Also, I will have some BBMs chicks and Lav Ams if interested

Ok, Papa Brooder was calling it quits on his Flash sales and asked if there was something he didn't post or something someone wanted. Something came over me and said what about some Blue/splash orps? He put them up and guess who has 6 chicks coming! So Junibutt, I know you have the 2 eggs, but if you need a blue, I can't keep all 6. They won't be arriving until the second week of June.

Also, I will have some BBMs chicks and Lav Ams if interested
Gosh! you are crazier than I am! Good luck! I would certainly like to ensure I have a Blue hen so I will check with you once they arrive.

I found this farm business on craigslist and am trying to figure out what's the catch!

http://northmiss.craigslist.org/grd/5018463013.html

Anyone who has experience with farm businesses, please comment, suggest questions for the seller.

Gosh! you are crazier than I am! Good luck! I would certainly like to ensure I have a Blue hen so I will check with you once they arrive.

I found this farm business on craigslist and am trying to figure out what's the catch!

Anyone who has experience with farm businesses, please comment, suggest questions for the seller.

From what it looks like to me, I think the whole farm is for sale and they are just trying to find a renter for the house to buy out the chicken business. At least that is how I am seeing it.

From what it looks like to me, I think the whole farm is for sale and they are just trying to find a renter for the house to buy out the chicken business. At least that is how I am seeing it.

I agree. It's not in our region, so the cost of living is likely much lower. Also, the house may be in need of repair or fairly basic. I'm not familiar with rural living, so I often take for granite things like easy, nearby shopping, hospitals, schools, park districts, road repair, snow removal, & other services.

First off, are you interested in buying the farm? If your interested in buying just the chickens and renting the house, I would find out if they are selling off the rest of the land, because if they are and if you or whoever rents the house and buys the chicken business, once the property is sold, the new owner could tell you to move since your renting and the chickens would have to go too. Look at the add again, it says the owner would probably charge around 500.00 for rent. That's what makes me think they are selling off the rest of the farm.

Looking for Easter Egger chicks in northern Illinois. Specifically pullets that are 2 to 4 weeks old.......anyone have any, or know anyone?
I know a lady in Chicago (close to Evanston) had at least 10. If you are interested, PM me and I can forward you her contact info.

Back
Top Bottom