Illinois...

Anyone in Far North Eastern Illinois interested in some standard barnyard mix chicks, mixed bantams or guinea keets? Straight run? I'm in the Gurnee/Lake Villa/Round Lake area...

My kids absolutely enjoy watching them hatch, and I would like to continue hatching for a few more months but I can only handle so many additions to my flock... I'll do Craigslist if I have to but would rather offer them up to someone here vs dealing with Craigslist...

The barnyard mix standard sized would be hatched from green, blue or olive eggs so chances of an colored egg layer (aka Easter egger or olive egger) is very high...

I could also hatch standard sized from my pink to brown eggs or even from white eggs (the only white layers I have are black sumatras) but since they are all communal who knows what you would end up with...

Bantams are, mostly a light cream to white egg... These would likely be limited as my bantam hens tend to go broody this time of year...

Guinea keets are a communal mix of several color mutations, pearl gray, lavender, buff, brown, pied and possibly other recessive colors... So keet colors are random... You can sometimes take a guess a the final color as a keet, since they fuzz out different but some of it is so subtle I won't guarantee the final color and thus it would be a straight run offering based on what hatches...

Let me know, if no interest no worries, just figured I would toss it out there... Price is negotiable, not looking to get rich, but I would like to at least put some money in the feed fund..
plz PM me with details. looking for - perfer barred rock hens 8-15 months. looking for a total of 4 egg laying hens no roosters needed, wouldnt mind mixed hens ty :)

it seems their will be a chicken and poultry swap at kankakee county fair grounds sep 6 2015, 5am-11am as well but hoping to find of hens before than

If you go to the Kankakee Swap, get there at 5am with a flashlight, most of the decent laying age pullets (at reasonable prices) will be gone or spoken for in the first hour... There are some big buyers that show up there and buy hundreds at a time...

I don't have any laying age pullets for sale, my offer was to do a straight run day old hatch if anyone just wants some chicks...

Last edited:
meep what are you looking do sell that are day old?

Nothing on hand, but I can hatch out...

The barnyard mix standard sized would be hatched from green, blue or olive eggs so chances of an colored egg layer (aka Easter egger or olive egger) is very high...

I could also hatch standard sized from my pink to brown eggs or even from white eggs (the only white layers I have are black sumatras) but since they are all communal who knows what you would end up with...

Bantams are, mostly a light cream to white egg... These would likely be limited as my bantam hens tend to go broody this time of year...

Guinea keets are a communal mix of several color mutations, pearl gray, lavender, buff, brown, pied and possibly other recessive colors... So keet colors are random... You can sometimes take a guess a the final color as a keet, since they fuzz out different but some of it is so subtle I won't guarantee the final color and thus it would be a straight run offering based on what hatches...

About a week ago I thought I saw some fertile eggs from one of my hens. Yesterday I swear I saw another fertile egg from a different hen. Today it was confirmed. I caught my dominant cockerel attempting to mount a hen. She was patiently waiting for him to balance himself. Quite a funny sight & a rather desperate hen I suppose. The boy is only 3.5 months old, but I must give him an A for effort.

I certainly do not need any chicks, but I'm interested to know if they'd hatch. If anyone wants to test them for me, send me a PM. (I purposely put my incubators away for the year to limit my temptation.)

Back
Top Bottom