Illinois...

A friend of mine has started making custom digital portraits of your pets on iphone covers. Just trying to get feedback for him if its an interesting product and people would be willing to pay a premium for it.

Here is a link to their face-book page. I know its off-topic but I would love to have one of my favorite chicken on it.

https://www.facebook.com/puppytransit/?fref=ts

Question about de-worming:

I have never de-wormed my chicken thinking that they don't free-range and are always in their coop/run. Even when they are out, they roam around on cement. Is there a reason for me to de-worm annually like most people do? If yes, whats a safe de-wormer with a short withdrawal period?
I have never had to deworm any of my chickens going on 19 years. Small flock, and pets only. Never had worms, so I did not need to. I would only deworm if there were worms present. I don't know worms to go away on their own.

Anyone interested in chicks from my test hatch. They will be FREE. Pay for shipping only if you are farther than 50 miles, otherwise we can meet in the middle. The hatch is due February 21st.

Here are the possibilities. There are 5 eggs growing from my chocolate cuckoo orpington pullet. However, she could have chicks from 4 different roosters. Here are the possibilities of the chicks:

The pullets could be chocolate, blue, black, mauve or chocolate cuckoo. or a black cuckoo Orpington-Legbar hybrid
The cockerels could be black cuckoo, blue cuckoo, chocolate cuckoo or mauve cuckoo. or finally maybe a black cuckoo Orpington-Legbar hybrid.

There is also an egg growing from a mottled orpington, that would be split for mottling but could be any of the colors above.

plus 3 Legbar eggs, that would be either white sport or carry the white sport gene.

I would be interested. Lost quite a few of my older hens this fall/winter.....Let me know :)

Question about de-worming:

I have never de-wormed my chicken thinking that they don't free-range and are always in their coop/run. Even when they are out, they roam around on cement. Is there a reason for me to de-worm annually like most people do? If yes, whats a safe de-wormer with a short withdrawal period?
We actually went to one of the chicken seminars and was told one of the best natural de-wormers for chickens is pumpkins. Not sure if it's true but we give ours pumpkins and have never had any problems with worms..

We actually went to one of the chicken seminars and was told one of the best natural de-wormers for chickens is pumpkins. Not sure if it's true but we give ours pumpkins and have never had any problems with worms..
My chickens don't have worms, but I see a lot of people do annual de-worming. I was just wondering if its a good practice or unnecessary?

My chickens don't have worms, but I see a lot of people do annual de-worming. I was just wondering if its a good practice or unnecessary?

I think it all depends, if you have a few birds that you can monitor and watch, then you could treat as symptoms appear. But if you have a larger number of birds, then an annual deworming is probably a smarter thing to do. Last year, I did treat all of my chickens, but that was because I had hatched all those chicks in late summer. And since my numbers will be above 20, I will be doing an annual de worming again this year.

Just want to let everyone know Heirloom Orpingtons is running a 50% off of chicks today only for Valentines day.
Nice chickens, and their prices are out of sight. Like they are soooooo far out if reach, that I can't see them.
lau.gif
This must be a DESIGNER BREEDER..... or I landed on the wrong website..
gig.gif

LOL, sorry guys, they are a bit pricey. But they are one of better breeders out there for English Orpingtons. I needed some black orps for my breeding projects this year and his have a very nice English type. ROUND! The black chicks were originally $25, on sale for $12.50 then with todays special $6.25 each and free shipping. I thought it was a great deal!

Added:I couldn't afford to pay $50 per chick either, but $6.25 I can afford. I did go crazy once and paid $80 for some eggs, that 1 chick hatched from. Then when my son was building me new coop last summer, he had jumped off the ladder and of course landed on that chickens leg. I said OMG, not my $80 chicken. LOL. It took that rooster almost 2 weeks to be able to walk again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom