Illinois...

I can't say for everyone else but I want updates on Cuddles as I'm cheering for her but I think with all the friends we all have here that they would probably agree with me.

Have you given her any more stool softeners? I read that it also helps to break up blockages lower down in their GI tract than just their crop.

Praying for you, the family, and Cuddles.

I can't say for everyone else but I want updates on Cuddles as I'm cheering for her but I think with all the friends we all have here that they would probably agree with me.

Have you given her any more stool softeners? I read that it also helps to break up blockages lower down in their GI tract than just their crop.

Praying for you, the family, and Cuddles.
Yes, I would like to hear how Cuddles is too. I am hoping things are going well.
fl.gif

Thanks for the support.
Cuddles refuses to eat egg (tried cooking them many ways) & soaked layer feed. I tried offering other soft protein treats, yogurt, baby food, & oatmeal, but she simply dislikes soft foods. I've been avoiding feeding hard foods like dry pellets, scratch grains because I don't want to add to impaction. I've tried stool softeners, olive oil, Corid, yogurt, electrolytes, Exact (baby bird hand feeding formula). Also warm baths. Most of her food has been via tube.

She's been pooping & drinking more today & searching for floor crud to eat. DD gave her a couple mealworms & tiny pieces of bread crust. (Her 2 fav snacks) She actually ate! I know it's junk food & perhaps hard to digest, but any food via the beak seems less stressful than crop tube feeding. At this point, I'd prefer her to die happy than slowly starve to death.

So, that's my tiny ray of hope. I'll let her eat a little more bread tonight & see if it can pass through by morning.

* If anyone knows something I'm missing, please let me know. ie- If bread causes constipation, then please let me know.

@ChicagoClucker
Any idea what your chick from @Junibutt is yet?
here's a pic of all my babies sorry about the quality. Still can't decide on colors of a couple of them, one in particular.

I don't know, it looks like your yellow chicks with light brown on head and wings. My guess would be mauve cuckoo, but I have to wait til they feather out to see if I am right. I am not an Easter egger lover, but that chick I bought to keep the orp company, is so **** cute!

@Faraday40 glad to hear Cuddles is hanging on, I would give her something to eat too. Hang in there Cuddles !

I'd just like to mention again that if anyone has chicks for whatever reason or chickens of any age they can't keep I take them in.. I'd like to have a refuge for every breed to preserve each and every breed but that cost a ton so refugees are welcome

I'd just like to mention again that if anyone has chicks for whatever reason or chickens of any age they can't keep I take them in.. I'd like to have a refuge for every breed to preserve each and every breed but that cost a ton so refugees are welcome

I know someone who has 7 young cockerels that are 5 months old and are a araucana mixed with something else. She is looking for a home for them.

Thanks for the support.
Cuddles refuses to eat egg (tried cooking them many ways) & soaked layer feed. I tried offering other soft protein treats, yogurt, baby food, & oatmeal, but she simply dislikes soft foods. I've been avoiding feeding hard foods like dry pellets, scratch grains because I don't want to add to impaction. I've tried stool softeners, olive oil, Corid, yogurt, electrolytes, Exact (baby bird hand feeding formula). Also warm baths. Most of her food has been via tube.

She's been pooping & drinking more today & searching for floor crud to eat. DD gave her a couple mealworms & tiny pieces of bread crust. (Her 2 fav snacks) She actually ate! I know it's junk food & perhaps hard to digest, but any food via the beak seems less stressful than crop tube feeding. At this point, I'd prefer her to die happy than slowly starve to death.

So, that's my tiny ray of hope. I'll let her eat a little more bread tonight & see if it can pass through by morning.

* If anyone knows something I'm missing, please let me know. ie- If bread causes constipation, then please let me know.
Sorry to hear what Cuddles is going through. I have been out of town for a trade show and did not follow the group much. I don't know if it helps but I have couple of questions:

a) Didn't Cuddles have a similar issue last year as well? She may have some chronic liver issues.

b) If its a simple obstruction somewhere, have you tried something like an enema? Since everything else has been tried already, maybe trying it for 2-3 days may help.

Please excuse if I have missed the portion where the above questions have been answered already.

Back
Top Bottom