Illinois...

Pics
Ang,
I will update that thread soon and add the dates for this year.
It is a huge swap and lots to see. It is worth the drive...but we are die hards. We love going to bird swap meets all over.
If you ever make it, be sure to look us up.
Christie
smile.png

Just checking in from Northern Illinois, Lake County...so close to Wisconsin I can smell the dairy air. Don't have any yet, am still doing my homework before getting started. I live in town, checked with the codes and find nothing to prohibit owning chickens as pets.

We want to get 2 or 3, layers. Did talk to a nice lady near Rockford who would sell us a couple when we are ready. Still looking at small designs, and the possiblity of keeping them caged in the garage during the real cold part of winter. As well as a small coop in the backyard during the rest of the year that I can move around. Sleep tight!

Hello from Central DuPage County!

I'm waiting to acquire half a dozen cluckers and quackers until I have a new house (soon, I hope!).

Anyone know where I can acquire some local chicks?

Thanks!

Yanna

Hey everyone!
I'm just outside of Marion, IL in Williamson County. We have lots of feathered and furry friends as my signature says in details. We sell hatching eggs, fresh eggs, and hope to sell chicks and ducklings soon enough.

Please feel free to say hello or ask if you need anything!

Kelly

I haven't said hello on the Illinois thread yet, so here I am.

I am in northern Vermilion County, 130 mile s of Chicago.
I plan on going to the swap in April, not sure if I am taking my wallet yet or not.
gig.gif

jumpy.gif
I ordered my very first chicks from MPC, they are due to be delivered April 9th.

We have everything just about ready. DH is working on the finishing touches on the run/coup, then I will take pictures and post them.

Our goals are to become a little more self-sufficient, not to mention a bit healthier, without killing ourselves in the process.

I look forward to spending a bit of time with you all.

Fran
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom