Illinois...

IF this helps with the cold, I put petroleum jelly on both my face and hands, then I wear leather gloves in the winter to do my chores--I use a lot at a time. I start this in late October, and by this time of the winter my GLOVES are a whole lot warmer. (They also float in water!!)
lol.png

Is actually in Illinois right now and not just 15mins away from crossing the river over here. In Kewanee at Black Hawk college, driving hour and half to school is not fun. Hope that it doesn't start snowing on the way home, that was awful the other week.

HI there Tiramisu,
BOth my husband and myself are BHE alumni. Whats your major? My husband was Ag Production and mine, Equestrian Science. We graduated BHE in 1991.
We had a great time there. Good luck.
Christie
big_smile.png

I, too, was BHE, majoring in Horse Science Technology, back in 1984-86 and transferred to ICC to finish off my associate degree in Graphic Design. It was FUN while it lasted!

Quote:
um, well at the moment I am doing the, I think, Horticulture Science program. I take this semester, then go next semester, so in 1 year I get a certificate in it.
idk what to do though
roll.png
I want to take more classes, but if Im going to I want to live on campus because that 1 and a half hour drive is too much for me, I get up at 5 go home at 5, and I have trouble sleeping so I usually only get 2 hours and then I get really tired in class and start falling asleep
roll.png
I should try going to bed earlier.
I looked at apartments, and the day after looking at prices they went up the next day
hmm.png
I also want my boyfriend to go, but he lives in Pennsylvania so have to work that out.

I went to St. Ambrose for a year and a half, just went this fall and I just don't like it there so switched to BHE for this spring semester. I don't know if this semester will count as me having an Associates degree or not...I can't remember what the lady said. I just don't really want to rack up more loans going to another school/university for 3-4 more years.
Did they do lots of internships then too? I heard now that they do a lot, and the advisor I saw said they send students all over the place for internships and have a high rate of placement.

Ugh. More snow coming tonight and tomorrow. Which only means I'll spend my early morning shoveling a path out to the barn while the chickens watch me from their cozy, covered run and wonder, "What's taking breakfast so long?!?"
th.gif

Anyone feel that earthquake the other day? I sure did! It shook my bed and entire house! I woke up with a headache and got up to take a Tylenol. I laid back down and my 3 year old son happened to be sleeping in my bed. For some reason I got the urge to pick him up and hold him while he slept. Just as I did it started. Talk about perfect timing. The scariest part was not knowing what just caused the shaking. I thought either a snowplow somehow hit my house, or ghost was shaking my bed! lol

Back
Top Bottom