Illinois...

Ok, next round of Cockerels to go. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Harlequin Spangled Orpington Cockerel 6 months

Clyde Dark Blue bantam cochin 5 months-has a side sprig- good for protection, not for breeding.

1 Frizzled and 1 smooth Mottled bantam cochin cockerels 1 month old.

Clyde Dark Blue bantam cochin 5 months-has a side sprig- good for protection, not for breeding.
Uh Oh! I better not let DS see this adorable little roo. All of a sudden he's taking an interest in the chickens this year. In particular, he likes our 2 bantam hens. He told me on multiple occasions that we NEED to get them a little rooster so they can have babies too. He feels very sorry for highly broody bantams because they must do all the work of raising chicks for the big hens & get none of their own. (6 yr old logic, but he's sticking to it.)

Seriously he's beautiful, but no room for more roos - even if they're small. I hope you find good homes for your fellas.

Uh Oh! I better not let DS see this adorable little roo. All of a sudden he's taking an interest in the chickens this year. In particular, he likes our 2 bantam hens. He told me on multiple occasions that we NEED to get them a little rooster so they can have babies too. He feels very sorry for highly broody bantams because they must do all the work of raising chicks for the big hens & get none of their own. (6 yr old logic, but he's sticking to it.)

Seriously he's beautiful, but no room for more roos - even if they're small. I hope you find good homes for your fellas.

Well, Clyde wouldn't be good for breeding anyway. But, Mickey and Minnie would be. Thinking I am just going to stick with my mottled, blue and black bantam cochins.

Yep Mikey n Minnie. This is a old pic of Minnie. She is sitting again for the 3rd time. So it will be a bit before I can let them go

Last edited:
Anyone out near the Lake Bluff area interested in an weekly opportunity to get brewery grains? PM me for details.

Sorry to bump this, but I wanted to make sure no one here on the Illinois page didn't miss out. I will post on the other forums if no one is near there. Brewery grains are so awesome as a feed supplement I wanted to be sure.

Anyone out near the Lake Bluff area interested in an weekly opportunity to get brewery grains? PM me for details.

Sorry to bump this, but I wanted to make sure no one here on the Illinois page didn't  miss out.  I will post on the other forums if no one is near there.  Brewery grains are so awesome as a feed supplement I wanted to be sure.

You now if I had a steady need for more I would certainly consider it...

For those that might be reading It also makes a great soil amendment/fertilizer or compost base...

Sorry to bump this, but I wanted to make sure no one here on the Illinois page didn't miss out. I will post on the other forums if no one is near there. Brewery grains are so awesome as a feed supplement I wanted to be sure.

I wish I was nearby. I know someone that uses it as a feed supplement also. I would think that it would be so beneficial to a flock, besides no cost feed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom