Illinois...

Thanks @Faraday40 , I just needed confirmation to what I was seeing and to quiet the doubt I had going on in my head. Really thinking about trying to keep the Black orp, along with my SL orp. We shall see. The harlequin spangled (not filling out) will be going unfortunately along with Clyde (side sprigs) and Mick my SL bantam (I think).
Yes. I'm having a hard time with my decisions too. I'm selling a Spitzhauben pullet (& keeping one). The males are hard to select, but the females are even more difficult!

I'm down to 3 roos. Good old "Mr Dummy-pants," Brick, & Moose. Their names have become more descriptive than I thought.

Originally Brick got his name for being "dumb as a brick," but it turns out he's short & kind of block-like as well.
You'll see that my Biele pullet is bigger than Brick. Still this boy looks amazing.

We have 2 orps named Marshmallow & Muppet, so DD wanted to name their brother "Moose" to keep the M-names.
Moose is sooooo leggy - like a young moose. In the last pic it looks like he's doing a flamingo imitation.

Do you think he'll fill out? Right now he looks like walking sticks!

Yes. I'm having a hard time with my decisions too. I'm selling a Spitzhauben pullet (& keeping one). The males are hard to select, but the females are even more difficult!

I'm down to 3 roos. Good old "Mr Dummy-pants," Brick, & Moose. Their names have become more descriptive than I thought.

Originally Brick got his name for being "dumb as a brick," but it turns out he's short & kind of block-like as well.
You'll see that my Biele pullet is bigger than Brick. Still this boy looks amazing.

We have 2 orps named Marshmallow & Muppet, so DD wanted to name their brother "Moose" to keep the M-names.
Moose is sooooo leggy - like a young moose. In the last pic it looks like he's doing a flamingo imitation.

Do you think he'll fill out? Right now he looks like walking sticks!

WOW, he does have some long legs. How old is the Lav? To me, his body type looks more American than English. I am going to let go of my splash orp hen also, she looks more American than English also. And I agree, it is harder to let go of the hens than the roos. Is Mr. Dummy Pants your gorgeous black orp? (Hahaha, love that name) I would choose Mr. DP over the Lav. Brick is handsome and has good type, but if he is on the smaller side I would think twice also. If you have some good size hens for Brick, it should help to add some size to his offspring. Just read that in an article today. It is a tough decision, for sure!

WOW, he does have some long legs. How old is the Lav? To me, his body type looks more American than English. I am going to let go of my splash orp hen also, she looks more American than English also. And I agree, it is harder to let go of the hens than the roos. Is Mr. Dummy Pants your gorgeous black orp? (Hahaha, love that name) I would choose Mr. DP over the Lav. Brick is handsome and has good type, but if he is on the smaller side I would think twice also. If you have some good size hens for Brick, it should help to add some size to his offspring. Just read that in an article today. It is a tough decision, for sure!
The Lav male hatched May 13th, so he's 15 weeks. His parents were 50% & 75% English. Prince (Mr Dummy's bro) had that more slender body type & didn't fill out until 1 yr old. Perhaps he's the real father! I remember thinking that Prince looked like a giraffe b/c his neck was so long & he was skinny.

Here's Mr Dummy. I doubt we'll ever be able to give him up.

One of my fav pics:

Below is Prince. We were able to find him a loving home. He even gets occasional house privileges. The new owners are very pleased with him & his gentle temperament toward people & his new hens.

Here he was last summer:
lau.gif

Are my chickens spoiled. No..... Why would you think that?
Movie night & Chicken snuggles

Video games

I'll admit that I'm guilty too. Today I had 2 chicks on my lap while playing on the tablet. The chicks were enthralled & even tried to play along.

Back
Top Bottom