Illinois...

Were they all Rhode Island Reds?

How much did they weigh?

How much did it cost to get them processed?

I was told of a place in Authur? that was cheap, but you needed to have 25 minimum

Quote:
I dont know if its cheap but thats the only place that you can process poultry and have it USDA approved to sell in IL. It was $48 for up to 25 I believe. Dont quote me. you can take as few as you want but it wills still be $48.

Southern IL here, Cahokia

Annette

2 EE, 2 Polish, 3 RIR, 1 Black Tailed Jap, 1 Golden Seabright, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Millie Fluer

welcome-byc.gif

Quote:

The Arthur Sale Barn has a small animal/livestock auction on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the Month, selling begins at 6:00 PM. They sell Chickens, Ducks, Turkeys, Quail, Peacocks, Pheasant, Rabbits and other small animals--I think they sell goats, but I don't remember if there is another sale for that. The minimum to purchase depends entirely upon the seller. Sometimes, like ALL of their other auctions, a price is bid, the buyer doesn't want them all, and that price is offered for whatever is left from that number, until they are gone, or not gone.
A few years back I bought 6 RIR baby chicks sold as one number. It ended up that I had 5 roosters, which I sold at the auction 6 months later, before I knew how to butcher. (I sold them in a very pretty and large dog crate, and people wanted to buy the crate, too.)
Call them:
Arthur Sale Barn-217-543-3255
The people that run it are very friendly!!
big_smile.png

HI SuziQ Nice to meet you!!

Annette

2 EE, 2 Polish, 3 RIR, 1 Black Tailed Jap, 1 Golden Seabright, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Millie Fluer

Back
Top Bottom