Illinois...

Quote:
ranit what time do you go to the Waterloo swap? It says on the website that it opens at 5:30 I think. I have been trying to get there but it is so hard to drag my tired butt out of bed at that hour LOL. Maybe this month I will make it!

As I recall the Waterloo swap takes July off. My daughter and I try to go a couple times year and try to get there between 8 and 9 am as most "vendors" start packing up about 12noon.

Annette

2 EE, 2 Polish, 3 RIR, 1 Black Tailed Jap, 1 Golden Seabright, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Millie Fluer

Quote:
Was it in Walnut Hill? My brother boarded his cutting horse there for several years, and then they loved him so much, he sold him to them when he got out of the competing.

Yes it is!

I often wondered if Ron is still raising Pasos. I love some of his horses. But the dealbreaker was when I bought the fourth horse from him, he was a rack of bones. I was just livid and thought why would Ron let this poor gelding starve even the mares have been picking on him. It took over a year before I could even ride him and then I sold the gelding a few years later. Other than that, all of the horses (except for this gelding) were well taken care of and excellent temperments.

The Waterloo swap does take July off due to the heat. It starts at 6 am. They usually open the gates at 5:30 though. Actually for the best selection you need to get there early. A lot of the sellers start leaving between 9 & 10 and by 10:30 there are usually very few people left.

A couple of other small animal auctions I am aware of here in southern Illinois:

Watson (few miles south of Effingham) - 2nd Sunday each month at 9:00
Fairfield (couple miles north at the saddle club) - 3rd Saturday each month at 9:30
Ridgeway (fairgrounds) - 4th Saturday at 9:00 (I think)

They have also started a swap in Sparta - 3rd Saturday at 6:00 pm.

Quote:
I live in Amboy!
welcome-byc.gif
Neighbor

Back
Top Bottom