Illinois...

the june 4th hatch... 2 yellow poults, 4 brown poults and 3 cx mix chicks
june 4th poults.jpg

I have 14 poults running around and 20 chicks... :celebrate
4 chickens and 1 turkey still sitting on eggs :eek:

june-4th-poults-jpg.1423625

:love

Did you ever get any chicks from Dinner? I bet he's huge by now.

Is the lavender resistive? the chick I thought could be his is now while.... out of a barred CX mix hen... The three chicks in the above batch could be his...
So I am not sure if any are his or if they are out of the white CX mixed roo that is in that pen also... another hen is sitting on some eggs that could be his. They are from white CX mix hens

Last edited:
Lavender is a recessive gene that causes color dilution. I would guess his offspring would be black. Because when I had chicks from Princess (white hen x lav roo), the chicks were black.

Does anyone know where I can find info on my chicken breeds? Cinnamon Queen, Black Jersey Giant, Buff Orpington, and The Kellogg's Rooster?

BYC has a "reviews" tab along the top. If you click on that you can see a link for chicken breeds. Owners give their personal opinions about the breed.

If you're looking for basic info, most hatcheries have a blurb about each breed they sell.

There are also charts that can be helpful when comparing & selecting your 1st breeds.
http://www.sagehenfarmlodi.com/chooks/chooks.html

Back
Top Bottom