Illinois...

Hi Illinoisans! I live in the city of Chicago with our 6 ducks:
3 Khaki Campbells, 2 Rouens & a Cayuga/Rouen mix!

WELCOME!!!

I'll have to get some pics of my white 'scovies some day. OSUman got me started with some he raised this year, 3 ducks and a drake, to provide me with a source of alternative to chicken dinners next year.

Here are some of my Cornish large fowl. To me they are the ultimate heritage breed of meat chickens, though not everyone's choice for a self-sustaining flock.

welcome chicago ducks. cedarknob, i wonder if that is some of the off spring of muscovies that i got osuman started on?

Last edited:
cedarknob, i wonder if that is some of the off spring of muscovies that i got osuman started on?
idunno.gif

He told me he had imported their parents direct from France at great expense.

just kiddin' LOL

Have you seen the Chicago Chickens group web page?
http://www.chicagochickens.org
Thanks all for the welcome!

I'm a regular on the Chicago Chickens forum and we even participated in the coop tour this year, but over here on BYC I'm mostly on the Ducks forum. I didn't even realize there was an active Illinois thread until yesterday!

Cedarnob, I like your Red-laced cornish hens--very nice looking birds.

Cedarnob, I like your Red-laced cornish hens--very nice looking birds.
Thank you. They're actually called Dark Cornish. In large fowl Cornish there are only 4 APA recognized colors: Dark, White Laced Red, Buff, and White. I have the Darks and Whites, and also the unrecognized colors of black and double blue laced red.

If anyone is looking at getting into showing ducks, there is a flock of top quality ducks, mainly runners a few Blue sweds, for sale in central Illinois, great prices for the quality of the birds.

Back
Top Bottom